is this UKCAT good enough for Edinburgh?

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Verbal Reasoning 720
    Quantitative Reasoning 720
    Abstract Reasoning 640
    Band 2
    (Average of 693)

I have 12A*s at GCSE, an A in maths and fmaths at AS (i take biology, chemistry and physics as well but these were not offered at AS level)
    Probably predicted A*AAA or A*A*AA or A*A*A*A

Is this good enough for edinburgh? the rest of my applied to places are BMAT only

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atomicjellyfish)
    Verbal Reasoning 720
    Quantitative Reasoning 720
    Abstract Reasoning 640
    Band 2
    (Average of 693)

I have 12A*s at GCSE, an A in maths and fmaths at AS (i take biology, chemistry and physics as well but these were not offered at AS level)
    Probably predicted A*AAA or A*A*AA or A*A*A*A

Is this good enough for edinburgh? the rest of my applied to places are BMAT only
    I know they are quite set on a high situational judgement score so I'm not sure.
    But why three BMAT universities. Your UKCAT is decent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mliela)
    I know they are quite set on a high situational judgement score so I'm not sure.
    But why three BMAT universities. Your UKCAT is decent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm applying to Oxford, UCL and Imperial as well as Edinburgh

None of the UKCAT unis really appealed to me, except for Queen Mary but I live quite close and they don't guarantee accomodation for 1st years (a previous sibling had troubles with this and ended up having to drop out due to not being able to afford the external accomodation)

I might review the ukcat ones though, as I wouldn't mind switching out imperial
    Any you would recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atomicjellyfish)
    I'm applying to Oxford, UCL and Imperial as well as Edinburgh

None of the UKCAT unis really appealed to me, except for Queen Mary but I live quite close and they don't guarantee accomodation for 1st years (a previous sibling had troubles with this and ended up having to drop out due to not being able to afford the external accomodation)

I might review the ukcat ones though, as I wouldn't mind switching out imperial
    Any you would recommend?
    Birmingham or Cardiff with GCSEs like yours. It'd be crazy to pick three BMAT universities.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I got
    VR: 630
    QR: 900
    AR: 680
    but sjt was band 3.
    My average is high at 737 but is it worth applying to ukcat unis with band 3???

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.