Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Commuting to University Help (freshers)

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hello, So I have decided to commute to university not because of the cost but because I only live 20-30 mins away from the university by train and it would just be pointless to live on campus. However, I am worried about a few things. The first thing is freshers week like anyone who commuted how did you make friends during freshers since typically people in the same halls go around each other so how do I find a group to just go into and how do I make friends while commuting.

Also, will my general social life be affected, I am a very sociable person but just wondering if people are already in hall groups how can I just become friends with them?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    People won't just make friends with the first people they see and then block out everyone else
    And yes people will make friends with the people in their hall but also the people in their course because they will spend more time around those people, so you shouldn't have any problems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordanshelley97)
    People won't just make friends with the first people they see and then block out everyone else
    And yes people will make friends with the people in their hall but also the people in their course because they will spend more time around those people, so you shouldn't have any problems
    Yeah true probably just over thinking and it will be quite easy xD

ReputationRep:
    Also join societies

ReputationRep:
    Everything you have mentioned is what I was wondering about too haha , I think I'm overthinking how to make friends 😂

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in the same situation. Also commuting to uni (30 min drive) what course are you doing ?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing accounting and finance

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.