Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping to apply for uni in 2018 so I am thinking to apply for loans. I wanted to be pre-ready so I want to make a bank account and I am not really sure where I should make a bank account. Help please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onamica9)
    I am hoping to apply for uni in 2018 so I am thinking to apply for loans. I wanted to be pre-ready so I want to make a bank account and I am not really sure where I should make a bank account. Help please?
    Do you currently have a job?

Do you currently have a bank account at all?

Do you have savings?

There are two main types

Current account (a basic account for storing money which you can either withdraw or spend)

Then there are student accounts which can only be opened after getting a place at university.
    These student accounts come with benefits and usually an interest free overdraft (0%) meaning you can borrow money without it costing you any extra.

ReputationRep:
    Also student finance doesn't open until the January before you start UNI

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    Do you currently have a job?
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    Do you currently have a bank account at all?

Do you have savings?

There are two main types

Current account (a basic account for storing money which you can either withdraw or spend)

Then there are student accounts which can only be opened after getting a place at university.
    These student accounts come with benefits and usually an interest free overdraft (0%) meaning you can borrow money without it costing you any extra.
    Nope I don't have a bank acc
    I don't have savings and I don't have a job. I am 16 and I wanted to have a bank account which maybe is going to be used for taking out loans when I am 18 and finished my A - Level.

ReputationRep:
    If you have no use for a bank account now, it is too early to open one. The one that is the best now, may not be that good in couple of year's time. Feel free to open any old account now, but when you become a student make sure you pick the best account for you. For me, there is only one page on the internet that is up-to-date and has all the information you need

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/stu...t-bank-account

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    If you have no use for a bank account now, it is too early to open one. The one that is the best now, may not be that good in couple of year's time. Feel free to open any old account now, but when you become a student make sure you pick the best account for you. For me, there is only one page on the internet that is up-to-date and has all the information you need

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/stu...t-bank-account

Good luck!
    Thankxxx!!!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.