contacting lecturers during the summer Watch

simon123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I have just sent an email to a lecturer but I am just wondering do lecturers even go into university during the summer? or are they like teachers and simply dont return until the start of the new year?
bunthulhu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I guess it depends what course you're doing but I know mine at least are also researchers within the department so they're still there.
simon123
Rep:
?
Well its the history department and I have emailed the history secretary asking if one of the tutors could answer my question. So hopefully someone will be there.
thesard
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I still keep in contact with my lecturers, although I'm wary of doing so since this is their break from the students. They tend to reply anyhows.
simon123
Rep:
?
(Original post by thesard)
I still keep in contact with my lecturers, although I'm wary of doing so since this is their break from the students. They tend to reply anyhows.
Okay good, its just quite an important question so just wanted to ensure they would actually be in contact with the university during holidays.
JennLlama
  • CV Helper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well there'll still be PhD students, etc. around so there should still be some secretarial staff around - plus lecturers will almost certainly be around researching (unless they're off taking holidays or at conferences) so you should get a reply, just maybe not *quite* as quickly as during term time. Everyone needs holidays after all - just maybe not quite as long as undergrads
Jenn xx
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm sure someone will be around to answer your email, but give it a week or so before you start worrying.
therealrandomgirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I emailed a lecturer couple of weeks ago with a question and got a reply within 10 minutes, which I thought was amazing! However, I sent the email straight to the lecturer I needed to contact so it could take time for the email to get passed along.
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The departmental website should give you the email of most academics in the department so you can email them directly. At this time of year many people are on there holidays, but we don't all bugger off as soon as the undergrads disappear (sadly!), we have to do our research.
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ours are in uni most of the time - doing research. Although they take their main breaks during the summer months but only a few weeks each.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (532)
80.24%
Leave (131)
19.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed