The Student Room Group

Previous study transcripts

Hey,
So i'm applying to Cambridge to do my post grad degree.
I started my undergrad at Teesside but dropped out due to illness, my grades from the first two years are awful as I was scraping by.
I'm finishing at the Open University and aiming for a first. Do Cambridge need my transcripts from the first two years? and would this affect my chances of getting in, does anyone know?
Reply 1
Original post by TanyaEli
Hey,
I started my undergrad at Teesside but dropped out due to illness, my grades from the first two years are awful as I was scraping by.
I'm finishing at the Open University and aiming for a first. Do Cambridge need my transcripts from the first two years? and would this affect my chances of getting in, does anyone know?

You will need to ask the department directly.

And this particular forum is mostly for people applying to the undergrad courses. There's a link in one of the stickied posts at the top of this forum for postgrads.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey,

To add to @jneill's advice, check the department's website and click postgraduate. There should be contact details of postgraduate admission office somewhere in the section.
You'll get much more reliable and accurate answer than asking an Internet forum. :wink:
Hey,

If you are 'finishing' at the OU, ie they have included your Teesside grades/time as counting towards their degree award, then yes, Cambridge would want to see your Teesside transcripts, as they form part of your undergrad study. If all the credit for your undergrad degree comes from the OU, then they might not be interested.

As with undergrad admissions, they take a holistic view to applications and consider all aspects. So if you had other strengths that mitigated the poor Teesside grades, and in any case had verifiable evidence of a health issue at Teesside, it would all be taken into account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending