Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How is everyone going to tackle doing year 12 and year 13 revision all in one year? watch

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone going to tackle doing year 12 and year 13 revision all in one year due to the new A-level changes?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x

ReputationRep:
    I honestly have no idea! It's going to be so difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Start very early, from day one as a matter of fact, use free periods more productively than I did in year twelve & design a more effective revision timetable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    well considering in economics all of as and a level are combined i am just doing the work they set me considering thats what youre suppose to do? How people think it'll be harder is beyond me. The workload is the same if not easier. They have to fit in everything from as and a2 and considering a2 is usually harder that means a2 will be more involved. Also the as is combined with the a2 work so it shouldn't be too hard
    You're making no sense.

ReputationRep:
    well considering in economics all of as and a level are combined i am just doing the work they set me considering thats what youre suppose to do? How people think it'll be harder is beyond me. The workload is the same if not easier. They have to fit in everything from as and a2 and considering a2 is usually harder that means a2 will be more involved. Also the as is combined with the a2 work so it shouldn't be too hard
    wtf are you talking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    You're making no sense.
    elaborate

ReputationRep:
    elaborate
    Everything you wrote was incoherent.

ReputationRep:
    I'd advise to start revising much earlier than whatever you did for AS, personally I started around April but I will probably start revising year 12 seriously in Jan/Feb to start revising year 13 around March/April hopefully. It's going to be tough for everyone, just don't leave it too late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JN17)
    I'd advise to start revising much earlier than whatever you did for AS, personally I started around April but I will probably start revising year 12 seriously in Jan/Feb to start revising year 13 around March/April hopefully. It's going to be tough for everyone, just don't leave it too late.

Good idea, so are you going to swap what yoy focus on every few months i.e. do year 13 work then a couple months later do year 12 work then do year 13 again etc. etc.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t.thompson22)
    Start very early, from day one as a matter of fact, use free periods more productively than I did in year twelve & design a more effective revision timetable.
    That's a good plan too, but for those who did use their free periods effectively what would you suggest for them or who created a effective revision timetable what would you suggest ?

Thanks for the replies everyone.

ReputationRep:
    just revise for 3 months solid before exams

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, it doesn't seem like it's going to be that much more difficult. Two of my subjects are not linear and so I think that's probably why I'm saying that but during next summer I'm going to go over biology AS and chemistry AS constantly and during free's I will be doing that as well as A2 stuff.

Like GCSEs if you didn't do any early but more in depth.
    Productivity and time management is key.
    If you do mock exams at the end of the first year for your linear subject, treat it like it's your real exams so you know where to work on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.