Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you continue to talk to someone who likes you, flirts with you while being in relationship? But you don't flirt back.

ReputationRep:
    No but it's inappropriate and will definitely escalate. I would be quite hurt if I found out something like this happened.

ReputationRep:
    By continuing to talk to someone who's flirting with you, you are encouraging them, unless you make it clear that you have a boyfriend and are not interested in them

ReputationRep:
    There is being polite and communicative and then there is encouraging the behaviour. It's perfectly fine and okay to speak to someone and be friends with them, but when they take that further and flirt or make advancements it is up to the other party to draw the line - and to decide where to draw it.

In my opinion, it's not worth binning a good and fine friendship because the other person has emotions or feelings they can't help but have.

ReputationRep:
    I would say that this is definitely NOT cheating, but at the same time, it's not something that should be happening, and something that should be calmly discussed, rather than confronting the person who is "cheating".

ReputationRep:
    No but it is not acceptable and you definitely make it clear you are in a relationship

ReputationRep:
    Quite often, politeness can be confused with flirting :confused:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by _missjade)
    Thats just talking , I wouldn't consider it cheating
    Read the OP. Talking to someone who is flirting with you is definitely not acceptable behavior when you are in a relationship!

A partner may not see it as "just talking".

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.