Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'm going to be doing one.... thing is i'm doing 4 full a levels already, i just feel like adding on an epq is going to be too much for me :/ I don't know if that makes me 'worthy' of cambridge tho... what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelienine)
    I don't think I'm going to be doing one.... thing is i'm doing 4 full a levels already, i just feel like adding on an epq is going to be too much for me :/ I don't know if that makes me 'worthy' of cambridge tho... what do you think?
    Don't worry about it too much. I'm a fresher this year at Cambridge and I didn't do an EPQ, I only applied ith 3 A levels aswell. I think doing an EPQ on top of 4 A levels would be a bit too much to handle - of course, there will be some that can do it but you have to know yourself. Also, to give you some offcial admissions advice, when a admissions officer from Cambridge came to do a talk at my school, EPQs were mentioned as a positive as a talking point during an interview, but becuase not all schools give students to opportunity to do an EPQ, they don't use it a deciding factor between students as it would be unfair.
    There are plenty of other ways to prove you are passionate about your subject and intellectully curious )
    Don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToyinBella16)
    Don't worry about it too much. I'm a fresher this year at Cambridge and I didn't do an EPQ, I only applied ith 3 A levels aswell. I think doing an EPQ on top of 4 A levels would be a bit too much to handle - of course, there will be some that can do it but you have to know yourself. Also, to give you some offcial admissions advice, when a admissions officer from Cambridge came to do a talk at my school, EPQs were mentioned as a positive as a talking point during an interview, but becuase not all schools give students to opportunity to do an EPQ, they don't use it a deciding factor between students as it would be unfair.
    There are plenty of other ways to prove you are passionate about your subject and intellectully curious )
    Don't worry!
    what subject are you doing at Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    Another Fresher here with only 3 A and AS-Levels and no EPQ. You really don't need the EPQ.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by amelienine)
    An EPQ is not required.

And neither are 4 A-levels. Make sure doing 4 doesn't affect your ability to hit the typical offer. A*AAA (or A*ABB) is worse than A*A*A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    An EPQ is not required.

And neither are 4 A-levels. Make sure doing 4 doesn't affect your ability to hit the typical offer. A*AAA (or A*ABB) is worse than A*A*A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.