Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Maintenance loan trouble watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am starting a degree this September and, having recently made some chances to my uni plans, I have discovered I am going to need a maintenance loan in order to afford transport to university. I will be living at home and so originally thought I would only need a tuition loan (which I have already and has been fully approved) to cover the tuition fees for my degree. I was planning on being able to get myself to the campus each day by car, but this is no longer going to be possible. So now my means of getting to the campus each day will have to be by public transport which I am going to be unable to fund without a loan. So my issue now is that I really need a loan such as a maintenance loan to cover this and that I am way past the deadline for applying - it's just that at the time I did not need the maintenance loan. I urgently need a solution and have become very stressed about it! I hope you can suggest any help, thank you!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Rosey_Roisin)
    Hi, I am starting a degree this September and, having recently made some chances to my uni plans, I have discovered I am going to need a maintenance loan in order to afford transport to university. I will be living at home and so originally thought I would only need a tuition loan (which I have already and has been fully approved) to cover the tuition fees for my degree. I was planning on being able to get myself to the campus each day by car, but this is no longer going to be possible. So now my means of getting to the campus each day will have to be by public transport which I am going to be unable to fund without a loan. So my issue now is that I really need a loan such as a maintenance loan to cover this and that I am way past the deadline for applying - it's just that at the time I did not need the maintenance loan. I urgently need a solution and have become very stressed about it! I hope you can suggest any help, thank you!
    Call SFE and ask them the best way to add an application for a maintenance loan to your application. It should be straight forward to get the minimum maintenance loan but you might have to wait a while for any extra income assessed loans.

In the meantime do some research and open up a good student bank account with an interest free overdraft to help you cover your costs if there's any delay with your loan and speak to your university to find out if you can get any discounts on local public transport (often you can get cheaper bus fares - or some student bank accounts will come with a young persons railcard).

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.