Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

broken capillaries/spider veins on face? how to get rid? Watch

I have a few broken capillaries on my cheek, under my lip and around my nostrils. They aren't severe but it affects my confidence that they won't heal. I have tan skin for reference.

I was wondering if these fade/heal over time, but from my research it seems as if they don't. I just purchased some apple cider vinegar as that seems to be the recommended natural remedy, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it?
    I also have bio oil but I don't think that is able to penetrate the skin and diminish the veins.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a few broken capillaries on my cheek, under my lip and around my nostrils. They aren't severe but it affects my confidence that they won't heal. I have tan skin for reference.

I was wondering if these fade/heal over time, but from my research it seems as if they don't. I just purchased some apple cider vinegar as that seems to be the recommended natural remedy, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it?
    I also have bio oil but I don't think that is able to penetrate the skin and diminish the veins.
    Have you ever seen a doctor about these and how they affect you? I don't know anything about them but there might be something they can do, or advice they can give for confidence etc. Bio oil can help scarring and things like that but as you say I'm not sure as it'll actually penetrate or anything like that. Hopefully once I've bumped this you'll get some replies from someone that knows a bit more about them anyway

(Original post by furryface12)
    Have you ever seen a doctor about these and how they affect you? I don't know anything about them but there might be something they can do, or advice they can give for confidence etc. Bio oil can help scarring and things like that but as you say I'm not sure as it'll actually penetrate or anything like that. Hopefully once I've bumped this you'll get some replies from someone that knows a bit more about them anyway
    Thank you, doesn't seem like anyone does It doesn't completely wreck my confidence, its just a vanity thing that when I take my makeup off I can see these imperfections - feel my GP would think its silly

ReputationRep:
    I was glad to have come across this venorid product which has the Very good ingredients in it. It’s been just a little over a month since I purchased it, and I feel great!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.