Which broadband provider should I choose as a student?

Watch
weroni
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello I am moving to Glasgow in a few days, to a flat without any internet connection... and I was wondering - what do you think is the best provider? Is there a way to have broadband without any additional stuff, like TV or phone line if I really don't need them?
Thank you
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sky

Please choose us :mmm:
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
Sky

Please choose us :mmm:
Im on Sky so technically I am giving you money by paying my bills, wheres my thankyou
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
Im on Sky so technically I am giving you money by paying my bills, wheres my thankyou
The sad thing is, it doesn't even go to me directly because I'm not in Sales or higher management :bawling:

It makes us richer so thank you for your choice

A new series called "The Night Of", started last Thursday on Sky Atlantic, did you watch it?
Kocytean
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As-long as it isn't Virgin Media, you should be fine.
weroni
Rep:
?
OK, I checked and those available are: Talktalk, Sky, BT, Plusnet, SSE, Virgin Media.
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
The sad thing is, it doesn't even go to me directly because I'm not in Sales or higher management :bawling:

It makes us richer so thank you for your choice

A new series called "The Night Of", started last Thursday on Sky Atlantic, did you watch it?
I dont have sky atlantic , I have the standard channels on SKY
alohalily
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Virgin is complete **** imo but sky seems alot faster
Kocytean
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To reiterate, Virgin is bullcrap. It's effectively a rebranded NTLWorld, as I guess it was the cheapest thing for Mr Branson to buy. And I'm sure you're aware of NTL's notoriety for being objectively the worst provider ever.

Well, that's Virgin Media.
james652
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by weroni)
Hello I am moving to Glasgow in a few days, to a flat without any internet connection... and I was wondering - what do you think is the best provider? Is there a way to have broadband without any additional stuff, like TV or phone line if I really don't need them?
Thank you
Virgin Broadband is unbeatable. They get some bad reviews (as do any provider), but they own their own network and aren't just renting bits of BTs network which Plusnet, talktalk and so on do. It's a fast network too - We're paying for 152Mbp/s and I consistently get that or slightly higher. I've never had a problem with them. We've had Virgin Broadbands services for the past 13 years and could not be happier.

BTW, virgin broadband do 9 month contracts. google it for more info
weroni
Rep:
?
Thank you all very much, I've chosen the Virgin Broadband, since I don't need the phone line with it, so far it works great, I've been downloading some stuff and it's fast enough
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (19)
32.76%
No (39)
67.24%

Watched Threads