The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

GCSE English Lang D and English Lit C

The course I want to do requires a C or above in English GCSE, or a level 2 in functional skills.
I have a D in Lang and a C in Lit, will they accept the C in Lit?
Original post by starbuck95
The course I want to do requires a C or above in English GCSE, or a level 2 in functional skills.
I have a D in Lang and a C in Lit, will they accept the C in Lit?

Your best bet is to call and ask them in person, but I would be 99.99999% certain that they won't, I'm afraid.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Your best bet is to call and ask them in person, but I would be 99.99999% certain that they won't, I'm afraid.

It has gone into clearing, are they any more likely too?
It has gone into clearing, are they any more likely too?

No. A grade C in English Language is pretty much an immoveable thing, unless you are a mature student who took exams a long time ago.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No. A grade C in English Language is pretty much an immoveable thing, unless you are a mature student who took exams a long time ago.

im 21 so took the exam 4/5 years ago.
im 21 so took the exam 4/5 years ago.

Unlikely to be long enough, but you won't know unless you call them up and ask specifically about your situation and that course.
Reply 6
Likely to be statutory (if you're looking at education). You need to demonstrate at the very least that you're planning to resit your GCSE English or take a comparable qualification fairly sharpish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending