Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am extremely disappointed with my UKCAT score that I received today,I got an average of 620 which I know is a terrible score so I just wanted to ask what I should do as I really don't think I can apply this year to get in anywhere. I have 8 A*s and 3As but I don't have an A* in Eng lang

ReputationRep:
    You definitely can. With 8A*s you could try Oxford ( bit ambitious ), Cardiff, QUB maybe Edinburgh. I'm not 100% sure how each view the UKCAT but I know your GCSE's would be competitive for each, except maybe Oxford. Also Bristol only place 10% on the UKCAT so if your PS is good apply there. If you don't think you'll get into any of those then take the BMAT.

ReputationRep:
    As HopelessMedic said, you definitely can apply and stand a good chance at many unis take a look at the document I linked below to get a better idea of which unis to consider and which to avoid:

https://www.google.fi/url?sa=t&rct=j...jRj8IY_fcWVRgg

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlettwinters)
    I am extremely disappointed with my UKCAT score that I received today,I got an average of 620 which I know is a terrible score so I just wanted to ask what I should do as I really don't think I can apply this year to get in anywhere. I have 8 A*s and 3As but I don't have an A* in Eng lang
    An A* in english lang isn't necessary for most places - your GCSEs are absolutely fine. Have you considered doing BMAT or looking at unis that don't require either admissions test?

It's definitely not over yet, don't give up!

ReputationRep:
    I got 737 but achieved band 3 in situational judgement. Should I just go for BMAT or is there somewhere that I will stand a good chance. Im thinking Hull York atm

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.