Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Payments into my bank account - does my address make a difference? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting payments into my bank account for a few more weeks, but I'm changing address just before that. I'm notifying the payer but they may accidentally make a couple of payments under the "wrong address".

If I have a different address, but the payer still has the correct name, account number and sort code, will my payments go through OK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceHarrys)
    I'm getting payments into my bank account for a few more weeks, but I'm changing address just before that. I'm notifying the payer but they may accidentally make a couple of payments under the "wrong address".

If I have a different address, but the payer still has the correct name, account number and sort code, will my payments go through OK?
    Should be alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Should be alright.
    Thanks, does the address not make a difference then? When I pay people I don't use it, but I'm not sure if it's different from companies.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Shouldn't make a difference, though if there's tax involved your payee will need to know your correct address to deal with that. Since you've already told them though there's nothing else you need to worry about really.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, does the address not make a difference then? When I pay people I don't use it, but I'm not sure if it's different from companies.
    I'm not saying it doesn't matter, just as long as you have informed them, it should be alright. Are you George's uncle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Shouldn't make a difference, though if there's tax involved your payee will need to know your correct address to deal with that. Since you've already told them though there's nothing else you need to worry about really.
    Do you mean for HMRC's records?

I haven't told them yet but I just signed the paperwork for my new place today, wasn't moving initially. So it might take them a while to update the system

ReputationRep:
    Payments will be absolutely fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    I'm not saying it doesn't matter, just as long as you have informed them, it should be alright. Are you George's uncle?
    Basically they take ages to update their systems

Yes

(Original post by MaseratiJay)
    Payments will be absolutely fine
    Thanks so they don't use my address?

ReputationRep:

Yes

That's good. You should find yourself a yummy mummy, or maybe meet one at university. You don't have to go to Cambridge, I just finished a degree at Derby, and it was fun, but a lot of work. Good luck Harry.

ReputationRep:

Yes

Also I think i speak for the country as a whole when i say, we are very proud of you. University should be a walk in the park compared to those military drills! Also good luck. If you want any more tips, such as regarding referencing (the Harvard system), or attendance, i can give you advice, seeing as i recently graduated with a 2i from Derby.

ReputationRep:

Yes

My wife says you are lying, Harry?!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.