Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi guys so if you saw my last thread i did stay with my a** of a instructor because hes ok now, i know the test route my manouvers are perfect etc and i have my test tomorrow so so nervous now! . i hadnt done a parallel in about 3 month not joking and i mastered it today not sure how but i suddenly get it now hope i can drive like that tomorrow lol so fricking nervous can anyone give any tips thanks
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    I know it's probably a given, but just stay calm and be confident in yourself. If you're ready then it'll all come naturally and you'll nail it.

Ignore that the examiner is there and do your thing, you'll often find they will sit there in silence anyway, with the occasional instruction.

ReputationRep:
    thanks the pressure is immense lol

ReputationRep:
    you wont completely get over your nerves but try your hardest to contain them, use your mirrors lots, especially door mirrors before and during turns, dont be too hesitant, if there is a safe opportunity to go then go but always think safety, e.g. dont get too close to parked cars or other road users, remember less space equals less speed , good luck

ReputationRep:
    my nervs got the better of me and i failed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mia212)
    my nervs got the better of me and i failed!
    Sorry to hear that.How/Why did you fail? How many minors/majors did you get?

ReputationRep:
    I did quiet bad I got 11 minors 2 serious for my first test the 1st minor I didn't see a car on my right and I checked quiet a few times before hand, second was I thought I could run a Amber light before red grrr got another booked for 2 weeks time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    Just remember that failing is a costly business in both time and money. If you want to drive a car legally then you need a license. A driving license is pretty essential these days unless your a hedgehog or somethin. Just remember that whatever happens, ffs DO NOT FAIL! All your time and money spent learning and practicing, its all down to this moment and its so easy to blow it on a daft mistake. Just remember if you fail, your ****ed!

EDIT: God dam it hes failed. Didnt read the thread before posting.
    Obvious troll is obvious **** off

ReputationRep:
    I past first time yesterday, with only 3 faults! My advice would be to drive slowly but not too slow and to look into mirrors as many times as possible!

ReputationRep:
    Keep calm and be in full control of your car at all times. Be vigilant of other road users and show them consideration. Keep checking your mirror and pretend that the examiner is not there but only for the purpose of giving you instructions.

Good luck Keep calm and cool.

ReputationRep:
    How do you control your nerves?

ReputationRep:
    Wow this site is shockingly **** cya

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.