Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    :tsr2: Welcome to my new thread :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

About Myself

Well first of all thanks for looking at my new thread . Two weeks ago i enrolled back into my college for year 13 and i start again on thursday . Ever since i finished my GCSEs i always new i wanted to study law at university - because it was the only thing i enjoy learning about - and now I'm in my last year of sixth form, studying business, economics and law and i am determined to get the best grades i can.

P.S I made a new thread because the old thread was Pre A2 so I'll be starting it properly on Thursday.

Academics

At GCSE i achieved BBBAAAAAA*A* in,
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Biology - B
    Computer Science - B
    English Language - B
    Art - A
    Chemistry - A
    English Literature - A
    Mathematics - A
    Physics - A
    Business Studies - A* (100%)
    Religious Studies - A* (100%)
    At AS Level CAAA in,
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Mathematics - C
    Business Studies - A
    Economics - A
    Law - A
    In year 13 i decided to drop mathematics because after sitting my AS Mathematics exams i literally had no confidence left in my ability. Also i don't have any particular targets at A2 anymore because feel that setting myself some will drop my confidence levels and my motivation, I'll just do my best.

University

Law is very competitive as a degree, i intend to get into the best possible institution . So far i have completed my personal statement and intend to apply to,
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ULaw - BBB
    Lancaster - AAA
    Westminster - AAB
    Manchester - AAA
    Kent - AAA
    Thank you for reading my blog, feel free to join this journey with me.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Good luck hopefully you have the predictions and strong application to be accepted into all five of those unis for a very tough subject indeed.

How will you ensure that you keep up the good work that you did in Year 12?

ReputationRep:
    Not being funny- Aren't you worried about getting 3 rejections?

LSE Law: 17% offers
    Oxford Law 16%
    Manchester: 60%

I hope you prove me wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Good luck hopefully you have the predictions and strong application to be accepted into all five of those unis for a very tough subject indeed.

How will you ensure that you keep up the good work that you did in Year 12?
    I practically just timetabled my whole year of revision and I've taught myself a lot of A2 work already. So for business and economics I'm doing a topic per unit everyday and then at the weekend I'll annotate the specification on the topics I've studied from memory and build that up each week. And then every 2 weeks I'll set myself a test.

For law I'm just doing past papers a everyday up until the exam, and if i run out I'll just make my own. And thank you i hope too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by citibankrec)
    Not being funny- Aren't you worried about getting 3 rejections?

LSE Law: 17% offers
    Oxford Law 16%
    Manchester: 60%

I hope you prove me wrong though.
    I'm not entirely sure I'm applying to manchester yet, but if you get 3 A's at AS, my college encourages you apply to 2 high risk (top) universites. So i am expecting rejections, but the only universities i actually want to go to is Ulaw or Lancaster which is BBB and AAA. But these choices aren't all final, I'll have a think about switching some , but thanks for the concern

ReputationRep:
    Day 1

Wow, today has been so busy, I've been studying and in college non stop .

In economics we learnt all about monopoly diagrams (so confusing) . In my free i printed one out and started to annotate all the formula and started to research why it is that way. I also completed at 25 mark tested, annotated economics theme 1.1.1 and theme 3.1.1.

In business i recapped globalisation and annotated notes on factors influencing it, trading blocs, fdi, economies and economic power. I also recapped one section of my AS business on markets and annotated the spec.

In law i briefly read over notes for unlawful act manslaughter and edited an assessment i did 2 weeks ago, which I'll email my teacher tomorrow . I also researched a case i was meant do for homework

ReputationRep:
    Day 2

Another busy day today .

In business again i learnt about globalisation and the factors that influenced it. During my spare time i studied market research from unit 1 and recapped international trade for unit 4

In economics i studied different types of efficiency and monopoly diagrams. For revision i revised economic statements and types of business growth.

In law i again revised unlawful act manslaughter and completed another essay on it.

ReputationRep:
    Day 3

I know i wouldn't post tonight, so I'm doing it now. But already I've one quite a bit. I've especially focused on consolidating my business revision. So far i consolidated the business market and market research. But i also finally understood the most complicated business topic at A2, which is globalisation. I looked at the factors Influencing it, how trade barriers reduce it and how trading blocs are sorting this out.

ReputationRep:
    Day 4

Today I've done lots of revision . I've been watching revision videos on youtube most of the day. For business i watched 2 documentaries of globalisation and emmerging markets anda significant factor contributing to this was capitalism, I've also watched videos on ASEAN, NAFTA, Protectionism and Trading Blocs.
    For economics i have been revising monopoly diagrams, as well as types of efficiency and business objectives and i think i finally understand them :dance: .
    For law i have written my essay on unlawful and dangerous act manslaughter.

Now i cam relax for the day

ReputationRep:
    Day 5

Today i got the all clear in my personal statement so i am sending it off in a few days . Today i didn't do much studying because it was my day off, but i looked at economies and diseconomies of scale in economics and in business i did my first assessment of the year on emerging markets.

ReputationRep:
    Day 6

Today i finally got my preeicted grades of AAA, I'm a little demotivated because I've worked so hard and I'm predicted no A*s. But at least I'll look intelligent when i get an A* in an assessment . I also worked through my UCAS application and i now just have to pay for it when i get paid on tuesday .

I've also done a lot of law today and annotated 4 business topics on the specification

Tonight I'll be revising for my assessments tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Day 7

Today I've done quite a lot of work. I've revised cost and revenues, monopoly diagrams and perfect competition in economics. In business I've completed globalisation and in law i wrote an essay on involuntary manslaughter.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.