Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an A for GCSE mathematics which was one mark off an A*. My teacher said I could take a remark since its just one mark. Should I or not? What are the chances of getting an A* considering the increase in grade boundaries that AQA has made? Also I have been told to pay around 30 pounds what should I do??????HELP ME PLEASE!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valanne)
    I got an A for GCSE mathematics which was one mark off an A*. My teacher said I could take a remark since its just one mark. Should I or not? What are the chances of getting an A* considering the increase in grade boundaries that AQA has made? Also I have been told to pay around 30 pounds what should I do??????HELP ME PLEASE!!!
    your only one mark off and maths marks dont ever change drastically so you wont down a grade for sure. Also, money shouldnt be a problem when it comes to your grades and im pretty sure all remarks are refunded if your grade changes. Go for the remark

ReputationRep:
    The cost is around £30 per paper (depending on board). If you're looking for a single mark I'd send both papers off so you're looking at around sixty pounds. If your grade changes you will get a refund. The increase in grade boundaries is irrelevant, if the examiner has made a mistake and missed a mark your marks will go up and your grade will change. Assuming of course that you don't lose marks elsewhere. If money isn't tight I'd always recommend a re-mark if you're one mark off. Having said that I've sent a fair few off and as yet none have come back with any changes. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clemm101)
    The cost is around £30 per paper (depending on board). If you're looking for a single mark I'd send both papers off so you're looking at around sixty pounds. If your grade changes you will get a refund. The increase in grade boundaries is irrelevant, if the examiner has made a mistake and missed a mark your marks will go up and your grade will change. Assuming of course that you don't lose marks elsewhere. If money isn't tight I'd always recommend a re-mark if you're one mark off. Having said that I've sent a fair few off and as yet none have come back with any changes. Good luck.

But shud i spend 68.40 pounds for it ?? What if i dont get the mark? My exam officer said that theres only a 4% chance for change this year??? Im soo confused , i want the grade but at the same time dont want to risk my parents money.

ReputationRep:
    But shud i spend 68.40 pounds for it ?? What if i dont get the mark? My exam officer said that theres only a 4% chance for change this year??? Im soo confused , i want the grade but at the same time dont want to risk my parents money.
    Didn't work for me !
    1 mark of the star after remark stayed the same
    waste of money and hope !!

ReputationRep:
    When's the deadline for remarks?
    . How long do GCSE raw marks stay on the schools system and can I ring up the exam board and ask for my raw mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane122)
    . How long do GCSE raw marks stay on the schools system and can I ring up the exam board and ask for my raw mark?
    Sep 23

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jane122)
    The deadline is the 20th September but your school may have set an earlier internal deadline. Your school will keep your marks on their system for years. No, exam boards will not deal directly with candidates.

ReputationRep:
    The chances are not good. If you're worried about the money then don't do it; an A is excellent.

ReputationRep:
    Was 2 marks off the next grade boundary. Paid £105 to remark all 3 papers... Nothing changed.... Rip.....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.