am954321
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I took my ukcat and i got an average of 640.
I want to apply to St george's, UEA, king's and queen mary's .Could i still get into king's or queen mary's or should i apply to other universities?
The Medic Portal
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by am954321)
I took my ukcat and i got an average of 640.
I want to apply to St george's, UEA, king's and queen mary's .Could i still get into king's or queen mary's or should i apply to other universities?
Well done!

Last year, for 2016 entry, St. George's had a cut off of 650, KCL had a cut off of 630, and UEA had a cut off of 600. For these unis, the cut off might be higher or lower this year, there is no way of knowing until ukcat is over. Perhaps give admissions offices a ring to see what they think of your UKCAT score?

Barts considered the UKCAT as follows for 2016 entry:

" A100 applicants who achieve an overall score within the third decile range or above in the UKCAT and meet our minimum academic entry criteria will be given a score for their UCAS tariff based on achieved/predicted grades for all ‘tariffable’ criteria or a weighted score for graduates based on degree classification. Candidates will be expected to have achieved or be predicted a UCAS tariff of 144 or more. 144 points must be achieved from the main scoring academic acceptable criteria. 50% of the weighting will be on Tariff and 50% on the UKCAT score."

So perhaps if you have great academic results and UCAS application you stand in good stead!

Hope you find the above useful,

The Medic Portal
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (4)
30.77%
No - I have already returned home (1)
7.69%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (5)
38.46%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (0)
0%
No - I live at home during term anyway (3)
23.08%

Watched Threads