This discussion is closed.
RobbieC
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I am desperate. I am sorry if this is the incorrect forum for this kind of thing, but I need help, and quite quickly.

This may seem a bit of a tall order, but could any of you think if you have parents or people you know in certain industries, professions, in the following things: Physics, Chemistry, Engineering...

If not, just list some companies, and where I might find info about them (website etc). I desperately need to do some work shadowing, and I will love anyone eternally if they provide so much as a half chance for me to contact somewhere...

Please. Help me.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just in Essex?
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Some of the bigger companies have work experience schemes and may even have info on the website. I think my friend did an engineering thing at BP, but that's because she did an engineering course sponsored by them. But they obviously have a work experience programme, so try the site.

+ how urgent?
RobbieC
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Its VERY urgent, sooner the better. But sometime in summer is good.

Im willing to go almost anywhere in England. Please help someone! Maybe state where you went, give me some contacts!
boris
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Anglian water employ engineers if that helps?
RyanW
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If it's an oil engineer you'd like to be you would have to head to Aberdeen - the oil capital of Europe. I know people there that are engineers and executives in oil companies. :confused:

If not, get the yellow pages - phone up a company and ask to speak to someone regarding the possibility of shadowing one of their engineers.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (22)
8.8%
Confident (30)
12%
Indifferent (42)
16.8%
Unsure (67)
26.8%
Worried (89)
35.6%

Watched Threads