The Student Room Group

No clue on A-Level Subjects

As of right now i'm planning to study : Maths , Biology , physics and Geography , but to be honest i'm mainly choosing these subjects due to me actually enjoying the subjects as opposed to knowing what the do with the A- Levels( in terms of Uni and future jobs ), from tomorrow ill have 2 weeks to finalise my choice on these subjects.

has anyone taken subjects similar/ the same subjects , what jobs can these a levels set up in the near future , and is it worth changing the subjects (Mainly Geography as I've been thinking about swapping geography for Chemistry for a while now)
Thanks
Original post by a hobo
As of right now i'm planning to study : Maths , Biology , physics and Geography , but to be honest i'm mainly choosing these subjects due to me actually enjoying the subjects as opposed to knowing what the do with the A- Levels( in terms of Uni and future jobs ), from tomorrow ill have 2 weeks to finalise my choice on these subjects.

has anyone taken subjects similar/ the same subjects , what jobs can these a levels set up in the near future , and is it worth changing the subjects (Mainly Geography as I've been thinking about swapping geography for Chemistry for a while now)
Thanks

As someone who has taken Maths, it's a highly worthwhile subject, though most with the higher grades do a lot of work and have a natural talent for it. It's also vital to getting into any maths-related subject, including STEM. In fact, most universities see Further Maths as highly desirable, so this is worth noting.

As for the offers I can offer limited personal experience. All I can say is a lot of people I know this year have really struggled with the sciences- it's something you need to be really interested in, and enjoy, because you'll be spending a lot of hours doing revision!

Honestly though, the best thing to do would be look up your courses now! It seems so early, but in the end your A-Level choices will likely severely limit your course choices, particularly in the higher universities, so a general idea is good as the longer you wait the more difficult it is to change!

Quick Reply

Latest