The Student Room Group

Should I do chemistry?

I want to study medicine but I got a C in Chemistry and a C in Maths. My predicted grade was a B. Will A level chemistry be too hard?
Original post by snk321
I want to study medicine but I got a C in Chemistry and a C in Maths. My predicted grade was a B. Will A level chemistry be too hard?

Probably. A C at GCSE doesn't bode especially well for A Level, unless you know you could have done better. Lots of other subjects to choose from though:smile: Perhaps an interesting humanities, like History, Theology or Sociology?
Reply 2
Original post by SunnysideSea
Probably. A C at GCSE doesn't bode especially well for A Level, unless you know you could have done better. Lots of other subjects to choose from though:smile: Perhaps an interesting humanities, like History, Theology or Sociology?

Ive always wanted to study medicine, I guess its just been a bad year for me, I mean, i'd get As in past papers, Bs at the lowest.
With all due respect, I don't think you would be able to cope. I know people who got As and Bs for chemistry GCSEs and ended up with Us at AS level. If you are passionate about a career in the medical field consider other careers like nursing...

All the best

Quick Reply

Latest