The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
As a general rule questions at interview aren't a static question, they're leading somewhere based on your answers. So it isn't possible to just say: here are the questions.
and besides, chances are we aren't going to remember the exact details.
Reply 3
Nonsense, I remember what I got at my interview at York (i.e. draw some graph) or whatever. Even if you can't remember exactly what it was I'm sure you could say the level of difficulty it was at or the rough topic.

And why the hell did I get rep for this thread? :mad: :mad: :mad:
Reply 4
mrsmann
Nonsense, I remember what I got at my interview at York (i.e. draw some graph) or whatever. Even if you can't remember exactly what it was I'm sure you could say the level of difficulty it was at or the rough topic.

And why the hell did I get rep for this thread? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nonsense? why can't you remember it then - dumbass:rolleyes:
Reply 5
I can. I just didn't say what question I got because that's irrelevant. I want to know what people who got interviewed at Oxford got. Do you understand? :rolleyes:
Being arsey with people isn't conducive to getting help, funny enough. The level is just above A-level. Hard enough for you not to be able to do with standard knowledge from school (in theory) but not so hard you can't manage it. Then the tutor can help you along. Calculus and graph questions are common I believe. You may get more of an idea from the Admissions exam for mathematicians sample paper.
Reply 7
I had a look at the Oxford entrance exam and it's easy compared to the STEP! So I thought they must ask you difficult things at interview or else it's gonna be a bit hard to differentiate between good candidates.

And Dulac insulted me first but I'm the rude one??? WTF?
Reply 8
"find 7465 mod23, without using paper"

"describe your ideal holiday"
mrsmann
I had a look at the Oxford entrance exam and it's easy compared to the STEP! So I thought they must ask you difficult things at interview or else it's gonna be a bit hard to differentiate between good candidates.

And Dulac insulted me first but I'm the rude one??? WTF?

heh, it's all relative. It's also under pressure in an interview situation. Not that many people do STEP anyway. And I was talking generally, it wasn't just Dulac you were having a go at. None of your posts so far in this thread have been overly friendly or encouraging of help.
Reply 10
I wrote the questions from my first 2 interviews down somewhere, and I can vaguely remember my 3rd interview (I was tired/not really trying)... I'll go and type them up, if you really want...
Reply 11
F1 fanatic
heh, it's all relative. It's also under pressure in an interview situation. Not that many people do STEP anyway. And I was talking generally, it wasn't just Dulac you were having a go at. None of your posts so far in this thread have been overly friendly or encouraging of help.
Sorry I didn't mean to come off like that.

Thanks for the post Popa Dom.

I wrote the questions from my first 2 interviews down somewhere, and I can vaguely remember my 3rd interview (I was tired/not really trying)... I'll go and type them up, if you really want...
I don't mind, if you want to go for it, if not don't worry about it.
Reply 12
Here - hopefully they'll help. I got through most of them without too much difficulty/prompting, bar the last questions in first and second interviews, which were quite nasty, but I finished just in time. In the third interview I think was having an allergic reaction to the fresh paint, or somesuch, which meant I didn't really get that far. But it was at another college anyway, so I didn't really mind...
Reply 13
Thanks a lot! I'll have a go at them.
Reply 14
Popa Dom
The hardest question I got was "given an equilateral triangle of sidelength one, and 5 points placed at random within the triangle, prove that there are two points within a half of each other" Which is pretty easy if you know a certain trick, but otherwise is pretty hard, and its not exactly taught in schools. I also got asked the thing from die hard 3 about water in jugs which made the whole interview experience seem way more badass tan it rally was
Ohhh!! I've just worked it out. The trick seems so obvious now! *sigh*
Reply 15
A friend of mine was asked to prove the 'Three Rule'. Whereby if you have a number, and all the digits add up to a number which you can divide by three, the original number is divisible by 3.
Reply 16
In the interviews, are you given pen and paper?
Reply 17
Popa Dom
"given an equilateral triangle of sidelength one, and 5 points placed at random within the triangle, prove that there are two points within a half of each other"

would someone kindly "spoiler" the answer or a hint to this question, so i can check my answer? :smile:
eponymous
In the interviews, are you given pen and paper?

yes :smile:
Reply 19
F1 fanatic
yes :smile:

ah thats great!

Latest

Trending

Trending