Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I am currently 14 going on 15 (September) and am in fourth year of high school. I was wondering when I can leave high school in Scotland. I know you need to be 16 but does that mean that I'd leave after the summer, just a couple of months before I turn 16 or at Christmas time?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4nna)
    So I am currently 14 going on 15 (September) and am in fourth year of high school. I was wondering when I can leave high school in Scotland. I know you need to be 16 but does that mean that I'd leave after the summer, just a couple of months before I turn 16 or at Christmas time?
    Thanks
    you leave high school when you finish year 11, by then you would be 16 years old.

ReputationRep:
    from the gov.uk website

"If you turn 16 between 1 March and 30 September you can leave school after 31 May of that year." so presumably the summer before you turn 16

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.