The Student Room Group

A-level course suggestion

So.. i have received my a2-level result early on and got
ABBB. I am getting really really upset about the grade i achieved because i heard that university 's typical offer AAB. :frown:

I was initially wanted to apply for medicine but i had a rough time during the exam.
( I screwed up my timing in my exam)
I am kind of giving up medicine for now but my parents still keep pushing me to study medicine.
I never like or hate medicine but i was told by my parent that medicine is the best degree in all option regards to the salary and working environment.
I am an introverted person and i am really bad at stress handling.

My form tutor and all of my teachers is really concerning about my mental heath problem if i go to medicine in the future. And he is saying in my reference he is going to mention it will not be a good idea for me to study medicine. I tried my ukcat last year ( AS) and i struggle a lot about it due to time. But my parents think since 2 years i have done so many things to prepare medicine , it will be a bad idea to give up now.
They also think that beside medicine there isn't any good course for me to study. They have been stressing me for quite a long time. So who should i listen to ? My teachers or my parents? I should choose Interest or salary ?
I just want to know is there any good course i can get in and have a bright future ( hopefully it is kind of similar to medicine ) :frown:
Sorry for bad english , i had lived uk 3 years only. I am taking a gap year now. Forget to mention that i have access to partnership programme so normally medicine require AAA , they will be ABB now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
My ukcat in on 3th of October but i can't make up my mind now. I kind of dont want to do medicine but i dont know should i be myself now or just listen to my parent. Am i still a good son if i ignore them and just do what i want now :frown: ?
Reply 2
Anyone :frown:
Original post by co2mymail
My ukcat in on 3th of October but i can't make up my mind now. I kind of dont want to do medicine but i dont know should i be myself now or just listen to my parent. Am i still a good son if i ignore them and just do what i want now :frown: ?

There's no point doing something you won't enjoy - you're more likely to do well if you enjoy what you're doing. Maybe you could explain to them that you don't think medicine is right for you but you still want to make them proud, and they could help you look at different options?
Reply 4
Do something you enjoy!! they may be mad hearing this but they'll get over this very quickly once they realise your mental health comes first. Long term you'll gain more from a job you love then one that makes you stressed and you're not 100% sure on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending