Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I'm currently studying Double Business as a BTEC in Sixth Form and the title of the course is "Business Studies Level 3 BTEC Nationals Diploma
    Double Award". I've been looking online and it says that most Universities only accept Level 3 Extended Diplomas and I'm slightly worried as I really want to study Business at University level. As well as studying Business I am studying Media as we have to take at least 3 A Levels. If anyone has any information telling me if I still have hope or what, it'd be appreciated. Thanks =]

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, OP I'm doing exactly the same course as you (Double Business Studies BTEC) except I do A level history too and I'm applying this year for unis..
    To answer your question, no - there isn't anything for you to worry about. They only put the Extended Diploma on their entry requirements because unlike you and me, people don't do other A levels and so this may vary. Usually the offer when you are doing double's is the same as the extended diploma, minus the third unit. That is substituted for your other qualification, your A level in Media which in this case applies to whatever third grade they ask for in their entry requirements for A levels.

Hoped that has helped you and has eased any worries off your mind

ReputationRep:
    T
    (Original post by Dnkz7)
    Hey there, OP I'm doing exactly the same course as you (Double Business Studies BTEC) except I do A level history too and I'm applying this year for unis..
    To answer your question, no - there isn't anything for you to worry about. They only put the Extended Diploma on their entry requirements because unlike you and me, people don't do other A levels and so this may vary. Usually the offer when you are doing double's is the same as the extended diploma, minus the third unit. That is substituted for your other qualification, your A level in Media which in this case applies to whatever third grade they ask for in their entry requirements for A levels.

Hoped that has helped you and has eased any worries off your mind
    Thank you so much haha, you don't realise how much weight there is off my shoulders now. I was so worried

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.