Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So student finance are set to give me £3821 in maintenance loans over the next year. This is not what I should be receiving (I should be receiving around £7000). Is there any way I can update my application? because I dont remember ever giving student finance my parents income information which is where I assume this problem has occured.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by alexneuty)
    So student finance are set to give me £3821 in maintenance loans over the next year. This is not what I should be receiving (I should be receiving around £7000). Is there any way I can update my application? because I dont remember ever giving student finance my parents income information which is where I assume this problem has occured.
    Call SFE and ask whether they've asked for or received household income information. If not then fill in and send off this form ASAP https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...ails/year-1617

Once your loans are reassessed they'll pay you the additional loan. It might come through mainly after Christmas so do what you can to cover your costs this term - get a good bank account with an interest free overdraft, get paid employment if at all possible and speak to your university about any support/funding that can help with.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.