The Student Room Group

I have one ear AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
are you Van Gogh?
Original post by mr T 999
You didn't answer my question
I cant believe you actually wrote an essay about Teletubbies and SpongeBob. That's one of the funniest things I read on here :biggrin:
Did you not see the apple one? That one's actually true.
Original post by Desi_Scotsman
What sort of benefits do you claim from the government in relation to your proclaimed disadvantage if any?
Nothing at present. I should be able to claim disability student allowance @ university but after that nothing.
Original post by Allie4
are you Van Gogh?
No because mine was from birth and not "voluntary". I do a great stick man though.
Original post by 04MR17
I am not differentiating between the properties of birth and death. I am simply stating that as properties of a human existence, they are equal with regards to their compulsory nature. And because of this compulsion these are two occasions where all humans are equal, not in the manner of the event; but in the occurrence of the event itself. See?

Using your logic, we could say that the occurrence of life itself is equal in all humans, merely because they existed, and don't you think it's unfair to simply remove the properties - such as events within each life, the memories, and length of life? That would mean all life is meaningless.

Hence, you might think I'm contradicting myself in that I'm unfairly assigning properties to birth but not to death - however that is not the case since...

Birth can be controlled. But nothing can stop death. That is why all humans are equal in death.
What do you think about this quote:"There are no inherently bad people. Everyone believes that, myself included. I don’t doubt the existence of virtue. And yet people bare their fangs when it seems they can profit. People will rationalize their own behavior whenever they become tainted with evil; they’re not supposed to be evil. In order to preserve their own twisted integrity, the world becomes twisted.
Someone you praised as “cool” until yesterday is “stuck up” today; someone you respected as “smart and knowledgeable” is now scorned as someone who “looks down on bad students”, and “energetic vigor” becomes “annoying and overly carried away”. "
Original post by Kiritsugu
Using your logic, we could say that the occurrence of life itself is equal in all humans, merely because they existed, and don't you think it's unfair to simply remove the properties - such as events within each life, the memories, and length of life? That would mean all life is meaningless.

Hence, you might think I'm contradicting myself in that I'm unfairly assigning properties to birth but not to death - however that is not the case since...

Birth can be controlled. But nothing can stop death. That is why all humans are equal in death.
You confusion control with the power to stop. Of course death can be controlled: murders as the most obvious (and horrid) example. Also, it is not my logic, I simply floated it as a theory. I'm glad that you understand this logic but I do not wish to argue as I hold little opinion on what is insignificant to my day-to-day life.

What do you think about this quote:"There are no inherently bad people. Everyone believes that, myself included. I don’t doubt the existence of virtue. And yet people bare their fangs when it seems they can profit. People will rationalize their own behavior whenever they become tainted with evil; they’re not supposed to be evil. In order to preserve their own twisted integrity, the world becomes twisted.
Someone you praised as “cool” until yesterday is “stuck up” today; someone you respected as “smart and knowledgeable” is now scorned as someone who “looks down on bad students”, and “energetic vigor” becomes “annoying and overly carried away”. "
I think that all of this cannot be judged from a neutral perspective; hence, the last part can be affected by two variables and is thus immeasurable to me. Evil is a very strong word. There is perhaps a catalyst (as a trait) in some people, which is often mistaken for inherent evil which accelerates 'bad' behaviour. So the quotation (quote is a verb) has the right principles at its core but the wrong analysis.
Original post by 04MR17
I'm glad that you understand this logic but I do not wish to argue as I hold little opinion on what is insignificant to my day-to-day life..

Good point. I like your style.
Good point. I like your style.
Thank you. I only floated it as a theory which =/= support of it.
Which ear.
LOL loved your essay on toiletries!

In the same style, answer this question:

Would it be more of an advancement to the world if Harry Potter or Doctor Who could be interviewed for half an hour? Assume that they are each able to tell, and give objects to, people - whatever is requested of them. [10 marks]
should i get my amygdala pierced ?
Original post by mobbsy91
Which ear.
I was about to do an essay for this then I realised that all you wanted was: left.
Original post by the bear
should i get my amygdala pierced ?
No. Too unhealthy.
Original post by Treblebee

Would it be more of an advancement to the world if Harry Potter or Doctor Who could be interviewed for half an hour? Assume that they are each able to tell, and give objects to, people - whatever is requested of them. [10 marks]
Give me 2 hours or 2 days. (Seriously.)
Original post by 04MR17
Give me 2 hours or 2 days. (Seriously.)

OK, but the due date is Monday the 12th, midday! So you'd better hand it in OR ELSE! :wink: ;p
Didn't realize this was a pun until UWS pointed it out... you're so damn evil :biggrin:.
Original post by Treblebee

OK then.

It should be regarded that an interview with Doctor Who would have a greater positive impact on the world (or as he might say, Planet Earth) than that with Harry Potter. The first distinction that should be made is experience of the Doctor of over 2000 years of fighting evil, compared to that of a child (or young adult) who may be a hero, but lacks the depth of villains which gives the Doctor his reputation.

Furthermore, the doctor is better equipped to manage the requests for gifts, his T.A.R.D.I.S. is a labyrinth of rooms filled with suitable objects. Mr Potter on the other hand spent a great length of time hunting Horcruxes, which is indicative of a lack of resources to meet a presumably high demand.

In addition, transportation to the venue would also be much easier for the doctor using his T.A.R.D.I.S. efficiently and effectively to reach his destination. In contrast, Harry Potter has experience problems in the past with both the floo network and with portkeys not to mention flying cars. Thus, the most reliable method of transport for Harry would be by broom (significantly slower than T.A.R.D.I.S.). It is worth bearing in mind though, that throughout its use, the T.A.R.D.I.S. has consistently suffered technical failures; however, it should still be considered that the doctor is more mobile than Harry Potter.

In terms of advice, it should be recognised that the doctor is more aware of future events, and is thus more qualified to provide guidance on courses of action. The only real area that Mr Potter can contest the doctor is experience of adversity and hardship, but the doctor still has a wealth of experience in this field as well which almost negates the toils of Potter here.

Therefore, it remains clear the the doctor (Doctor Who?) is the more suitable candidate to provide a half hour interview involving object-giving on request due to depth of experience, practicality and competence.
Original post by 04MR17
OK then.

It should be regarded that an interview with Doctor Who would have a greater positive impact on the world (or as he might say, Planet Earth) than that with Harry Potter. The first distinction that should be made is experience of the Doctor of over 2000 years of fighting evil, compared to that of a child (or young adult) who may be a hero, but lacks the depth of villains which gives the Doctor his reputation.

Furthermore, the doctor is better equipped to manage the requests for gifts, his T.A.R.D.I.S. is a labyrinth of rooms filled with suitable objects. Mr Potter on the other hand spent a great length of time hunting Horcruxes, which is indicative of a lack of resources to meet a presumably high demand.

In addition, transportation to the venue would also be much easier for the doctor using his T.A.R.D.I.S. efficiently and effectively to reach his destination. In contrast, Harry Potter has experience problems in the past with both the floo network and with portkeys not to mention flying cars. Thus, the most reliable method of transport for Harry would be by broom (significantly slower than T.A.R.D.I.S.). It is worth bearing in mind though, that throughout its use, the T.A.R.D.I.S. has consistently suffered technical failures; however, it should still be considered that the doctor is more mobile than Harry Potter.

In terms of advice, it should be recognised that the doctor is more aware of future events, and is thus more qualified to provide guidance on courses of action. The only real area that Mr Potter can contest the doctor is experience of adversity and hardship, but the doctor still has a wealth of experience in this field as well which almost negates the toils of Potter here.

Therefore, it remains clear the the doctor (Doctor Who?) is the more suitable candidate to provide a half hour interview involving object-giving on request due to depth of experience, practicality and competence.

Yay, thx! PRSOM, but I'll try to rep you tomoz...

Ooo, thx, I'm now literally one rep point from a light gem!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest