The Student Room Group

Help!!! Best a levels for social work

For my A levels I picked maths, psychology and RS and I want to become a social worker. I want to change RS to another A level because I've been told this combination is not very good. I was thinking of changing RS to sociology however I think psychology and sociology are too similar and it's pointless to take both. What can be my third option for social work?? Thank you very much for your response!!! Also, I'm not entirely sure if I want to become a social worker so I still wanna keep my options open :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Theres nothing wrong with your combination? Rs would be quite useful.
I guess Sociology might be quite useful but you are doing Psychology. Biology maybe?

It doesn't really matter a huge amount.
Original post by Lola16
For my A levels I picked maths, psychology and RS and I want to become a social worker. I want to change RS to another A level because I've been told this combination is not very good. I was thinking of changing RS to sociology however I think psychology and sociology are too similar and it's pointless to take both. What can be my third option for social work?? Thank you very much for your response!!! Also, I'm not entirely sure if I want to become a social worker so I still wanna keep my options open :smile:

Stick with RS. Probably more respected and more useful than Sociology (especially if you'll be dealing with people with varied religious beliefs in your work). RS is, in my opinion, on the level of History and Geography, Sociology is a tier below. RS goes well with your other subjects - but also think about which you'll enjoy and do best in.

Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest