Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm the only girl out off 8 brothers (7 older and 1 younger), and I feel as if I'm missing out on so much fun in sisterhood,i know I should appreciate having brothers bcz some people are just a one child, but Its so peak, how can I appreciate it more or just stop feeling so sad?. Thx s

Maybe it would help if you did more things with your brothers, like going to the cinema with them or something? I'm not sure :/ If they're making you upset then it's best to talk to them about it and see what they say, as I'm sure they wouldn't purposely try to upset you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Maybe it would help if you did more things with your brothers, like going to the cinema with them or something? I'm not sure :/ If they're making you upset then it's best to talk to them about it and see what they say, as I'm sure they wouldn't purposely try to upset you.
    There not the type of boys to talk to or go cinema with (well 2 of them are nice, but they live far away and are adults), they think im weird and ugly and wish i was a boy instead or a girl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talkand...Talk)
    There not the type of boys to talk to or go cinema with (well 2 of them are nice, but they live far away and are adults), they think im weird and ugly and wish i was a boy instead or a girl!
    How old are you and how old are they?

You need to get out and spend time with your friends both girls and boys just so you don't feel like you're being swallowed up by all of their lack of appreciation for you.

I can definitely see how this is difficult for you though don't worry you're not making a big deal out of nothing but equally like you say some people are only children or some people who want brothers but have sisters it's just one of those things. As long as you have a healthy relationship with your parents and friends and extended family and you can discuss things with them inc it being difficult having that many brothers then this will keep you above board

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.