Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm struggling to decide which medical schools to apply for as I want to have the highest chance:

GCSEs = 6 A*s and 5 As (A* in chemistry biology physics English language English lit and citizenship)
    A- level predictions of A in chemistry geography and biology, dropped maths at AS level with a B grade
    UKCAT average 633
    Verbal reading =640
    Quantitative reasoning =650
    Abstract reasoning =610 and band 2 in situational judgement
    Am also doing an EPQ, any advice on which unis would be great as I want to play to my strengths..... Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k8trees)
    Hi,

I'm struggling to decide which medical schools to apply for as I want to have the highest chance:

GCSEs = 6 A*s and 5 As (A* in chemistry biology physics English language English lit and citizenship)
    A- level predictions of A in chemistry geography and biology, dropped maths at AS level with a B grade
    UKCAT average 633
    Verbal reading =640
    Quantitative reasoning =650
    Abstract reasoning =610 and band 2 in situational judgement
    Am also doing an EPQ, any advice on which unis would be great as I want to play to my strengths..... Thank you!
    Hey! Very similar stats to my own. Last year I was interviewed at both Keele and Liverpool with my stats. I think you would score fully on the Liverpool interview criteria and providing your work experience is good, then you would stand a chance with Keele.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleveltimes)
    Hey! Very similar stats to my own. Last year I was interviewed at both Keele and Liverpool with my stats. I think you would score fully on the Liverpool interview criteria and providing your work experience is good, then you would stand a chance with Keele.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Keele needs an A* prediction, also did you get a place? I'm slightly worried my stats aren't good enough, thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    Keele needs an A* prediction, also did you get a place? I'm slightly worried my stats aren't good enough, thank you!!!
    This is a new requirement for Keele, so most candidates from previous years wouldn't have needed the A* prediction. You do need it this year

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't do too well at my interview as it was pretty much my first interview for anything ever so I ended up rejected form keele. They did give me some really useful feedback so I went to my Liverpool interview more prepared and managed to get a place there. If I was you And as worried as you are would work hard this year and try to get an A* in at least one subject then either try and get a place on results day by phoning different places or wait until next year and apply with known grades. There's nothing stopping you from doing anything right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't do too well at my interview as it was pretty much my first interview for anything ever so I ended up rejected form keele. They did give me some really useful feedback so I went to my Liverpool interview more prepared and managed to get a place there. If I was you And as worried as you are would work hard this year and try to get an A* in at least one subject then either try and get a place on results day by phoning different places or wait until next year and apply with known grades. There's nothing stopping you from doing anything right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sounds good and reassuring that you got a place! liverpool ukcat is looking slightly high in the past years, i think i would just be making the cut, could i ask what year you applied and what your ukcat score was???

ReputationRep:
    sounds good and reassuring that you got a place! liverpool ukcat is looking slightly high in the past years, i think i would just be making the cut, could i ask what year you applied and what your ukcat score was???
    Hi. Liverpool didn't even use the UKCAT until last year so it didn't even have a cutoff for everyone. I know someone who had a 620 average who got interviewed last year. I got 640 average with band 1 situational judgment. The year I applied was 2015 for 2016 entry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Liverpool didn't even use the UKCAT until last year so it didn't even have a cutoff for everyone. I know someone who had a 620 average who got interviewed last year. I got 640 average with band 1 situational judgment. The year I applied was 2015 for 2016 entry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    okay thank you!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.