Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_7966.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  358.7 KBI had a minor collision with a car the other week however it has made quite a lot of deep scratches on their car and I am going to have to pay out. I don't want to go through insurance as this will bump up my premium massively so am trying to do it through cash-in-hand. Any idea of how much this will cost???

ReputationRep:
    You'll need to get the bumper restarted to fully remove the scratches.
    That's gonna cost £300-£500 roughly. But get a quote from a professional and see what they say about it cost wise.
    If you can do it via cash in hand then do so (just check if it's legal first).
    But yeah, a few hundred pounds it will cost to respray the bumper.
    They don't need a new one, just a respray so don't fall for the "oh we need a new bumper now"
    Just respray it and get the heck outta there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    You'll need to get the bumper restarted to fully remove the scratches.
    That's gonna cost £300-£500 roughly. But get a quote from a professional and see what they say about it cost wise.
    If you can do it via cash in hand then do so (just check if it's legal first).
    But yeah, a few hundred pounds it will cost to respray the bumper.
    They don't need a new one, just a respray so don't fall for the "oh we need a new bumper now"
    Just respray it and get the heck outta there!
    I'm so afraid that it will cost more!! The scratches appear quite deep, will this not affect how steep the price is? And also because it covers quite a large area (as scratches are in a line rather than cluster), will this affect it as well?

ReputationRep:
    You should report any accident to the Police within 24 hours, you are breaking the law if you don't.

ReputationRep:
    Also not telling your insurer is another offence and you are breaking the terms of your contract there as well. Be careful OP, if the guy you hit snitches, you could be in deep ****. But if you both keep it quiet, it should be ok, though it is still illegal.

ReputationRep:
    It's always better to report accidents and go via your insurer, you are putting a lot of faith in the other driver you hit to be honest. He could turn around and say you hit him and didn't report the accident, which is not good from your side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weatherill)
    I'm so afraid that it will cost more!! The scratches appear quite deep, will this not affect how steep the price is? And also because it covers quite a large area (as scratches are in a line rather than cluster), will this affect it as well?
    If all the scratches are on the same panel then it won't cost more than that!
    Nope, shouldn't do!
    As I say, if they're all on the same panel, then it won't make a difference.
    However, if it's multiple panels then it's gonna cost more I'm afraid.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.