Why don't guys wanna date fat girls?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What is it about fat girls that puts guys off dating them? I see guys date really underweight girls. Also i always see people write in threads how they would make a runner if they met a girl via online dating and she turned out to be fat.
Are fat girls really that bad? If so I don't understand why, surely it just means they have extra curves? Guys love curves?
Count Bezukhov
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Because most* men don't find fat girls attractive. I'm sorry, but it's just not...

*Before people say, yes there are obviously some exceptions to the rule.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
depends on the definition of "fat"
Metalfros
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is probably very personal and will try to be as polite as possible. Those guys who say "If she turns out to be fat I will make a runner!" are just jerks who can't even score an average 6/10. Besides, there's lots of boys or men who are attracted to overweight girls or boys who do not care about looks at all. Just ignore all the negativity and try to enjoy life!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shawn_o1)
depends on the definition of "fat"
Overweight. Someone with a BMI of 26+. No I'm not talking about people with lots of muscle with a high BMI, I'm talking about how blubber fat to bone ratio going on
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would date a fat girl if she had a pretty face, but for some reason the fat girls with a pretty face are always not interested in me. It's actually easier to get a slim girl with a pretty face than a fat girl with a pretty face ....so i don't bother with them anymore
Count Bezukhov
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Metalfros)
This is probably very personal and will try to be as polite as possible. Those guys who say "If she turns out to be fat I will make a runner!" are just jerks who can't even score an average 6/10. Besides, there's lots of boys or men who are attracted to overweight girls or boys who do not care about looks at all. Just ignore all the negativity and try to enjoy life!
No, they're not just jerks. If you don't find fatness attractive then why would you want to go on a date? If you want to be in a relationship then obviously personality and things are important, but you can't pretend that looks play no role at all. That's just absurd, a pipe dream.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
if you are in love then physical appearance does not matter
BisouX
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There are men on this planet (very few, I must admit) who will find a partner based on other criteria rather than her outwards appearance; look out for those men as they are truly to be treasured for they are wise, and can feel and understand the importance of true inner beauty.
Anonymous #1
Then why do they date underweight women? Surely those are just a bag of bones
(Original post by JRKinder)
Because most* men don't find fat girls attractive. I'm sorry, but it's just not...

*Before people say, yes there are obviously some exceptions to the rule.
L'absurde
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Most men will have a preference for the 0.7 waist to hip ratio.
It's mostly based on natural selection, fatties just aren't the most fertile of women...
Spoiler:
Show
Link for a study of congenitally blind men showing preference for the optimal 0.7 waist to hip ratio
http://www.ehbonline.org/article/S10...109-3/abstract
In case anyone tries to blame the media and etc.
Count Bezukhov
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How underweight? If you mean skin and bones then that isn't attractive for most people either.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What is it about fat girls that puts guys off dating them? I see guys date really underweight girls. Also i always see people write in threads how they would make a runner if they met a girl via online dating and she turned out to be fat.
Are fat girls really that bad? If so I don't understand why, surely it just means they have extra curves? Guys love curves?
Curves means small waist in comparison to hips and bust, it doesn't mean fat. Fat is gross
rimstone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yeah it counts on what you call fat .... if someone is wearing XXL thats what i would call fat, maybe even XL, though ive seen L ppl wear XL, for comfort.
Fat girls are just unattractive to most guys, lets be honest. It looks like they dont care about their health or well being, like how some people dont wanna date smokers ( and yes being fat harms your health/fitness, no debate about that ). Theres also some major differance and thing you cant do/ pros and cons of dating a fat and non fat girl, and fat girls just have more cons.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BisouX)
There are men on this planet (very few, I must admit) who will find a partner based on other criteria rather than a girls outwards appearance; look out for those men as they are truly to be treasured for they are wise, and can feel and understand the importance of true inner beauty.

The medical community refers to these men as blind men.
Metalfros
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No, they're not just jerks. If you don't find fatness attractive then why would you want to go on a date? If you want to be in a relationship then obviously personality and things are important, but you can't pretend that looks play no role at all. That's just absurd, a pipe dream.
You do not get my point. First I'll be honest and am not really attracted by too overweight girls, but at least I do not mock them for being fat like those guys do. If you do not like it, keep it to yourself or at least be subtle about it. If your date turns out to be 'fat' without your knowledge and you just run away, what the **** do you think how she would feel?

And about your second point, I just mentioned that there were guys who really do not care about looks. They're rare, but they are there. Whether you want to believe me or not, it isn't going to change the truth.
BisouX
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ANM775)
The medical community refers to these men as blind men.
No, most men are blinded by lust.
It's the rest of the men that are truly blind.
TurboCretin
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A lot of guys are not attracted to underweight women. I'm not.*

Health is attractive - this is the general idea.*
Metalfros
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TurboCretin)

Underweight women, those so called 'models' for example, are among the least attractive women.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TurboCretin)

How underweight? If you mean skin and bones then that isn't attractive for most people either.
I'm talking like BMI of 17 underweight but even less than that, just around town I've seen guys with girls that are SO SO skinny
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (44)
47.31%
No, they should still go ahead (21)
22.58%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (28)
30.11%

Watched Threads