The Student Room Group

Just Started College !

Today I got a small snippet of what is going to be in my classes for the next two years, and I daresay I'm excited!

I definitely enjoy a challenge now and then, although I am a very lazy person when it comes to revising. ^^'

I have however seen a lot of people who are already in or have left college trying to feed negativity to the new starters, and all I have to say to that is - A good attitude always leads to enjoyment, and hard work will always pay off!

What I made this post for is, to ask all my other fellow Year 12's what they thought of their first / first few days! Do you all think you've picked the right courses? :3
Reply 1
Original post by twarmo
Today I got a small snippet of what is going to be in my classes for the next two years, and I daresay I'm excited!

I definitely enjoy a challenge now and then, although I am a very lazy person when it comes to revising. ^^'

I have however seen a lot of people who are already in or have left college trying to feed negativity to the new starters, and all I have to say to that is - A good attitude always leads to enjoyment, and hard work will always pay off!

What I made this post for is, to ask all my other fellow Year 12's what they thought of their first / first few days! Do you all think you've picked the right courses? :3

What subjects did you pick? Were you allowed to leave at lunch time?
Reply 2
Original post by Rajive
What subjects did you pick? Were you allowed to leave at lunch time?

I picked Art, English Literature, and Classical Civilization to do for my 3 A-Level choices! Unfortunately my day lasted from 8:45am to 3:40pm due to other activities such as literacy testing and a motivational speech! How about you?
Reply 3
Original post by twarmo
I picked Art, English Literature, and Classical Civilization to do for my 3 A-Level choices! Unfortunately my day lasted from 8:45am to 3:40pm due to other activities such as literacy testing and a motivational speech! How about you?

My first day is tomorrow. I have a feeling I am going to be having an assembly and a motivational speech as well lol. I picked maths economics and history.
Hey man, what exams are you taking for classics?
I just went into Year 13, and classics was one of my fav ever since GCSE!

Quick Reply

Latest