The Student Room Group

Reaction of reaction shown by graph

cccc.png Hi, for this question a of this question I did manage to work out then answer but feel as though I may not have fully understood it. Can anyone just explain to me with a good reason which curves matches which?
Does a high temperature mean the curve will be steeper, as the rate is faster? Since the y-axis shows the volume, so I thought of it as the bigger the mole and the higher the temp, the steeper it will be.

Thanks
Original post by coconut64
cccc.png Hi, for this question a of this question I did manage to work out then answer but feel as though I may not have fully understood it. Can anyone just explain to me with a good reason which curves matches which?
Does a high temperature mean the curve will be steeper, as the rate is faster? Since the y-axis shows the volume, so I thought of it as the bigger the mole and the higher the temp, the steeper it will be.

Thanks

you have your reference line i.e curve C.

- more moles --> more gas produced
- higher T --> rxn goes faster --> steeper line
- same number of moles in less volume --> collision rate increase --> steeper line

Knowing those facts, you can arrive to the explanation.
Reply 2
Original post by Daniel Atieh
you have your reference line i.e curve C.

- more moles --> more gas produced
- higher T --> rxn goes faster --> steeper line
- same number of moles in less volume --> collision rate increase --> steeper line

Knowing those facts, you can arrive to the explanation.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest