Jacquianne
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My daughter has just moved in her uni house. When looking around the landlady told us she had vetted the students and there were all hard working and nobody knew each other. We have recently found out three know each other and are party animals plus smokers, which my daughternisnt either. She feels very unconfortable in the house and isolated. She has been crying on the phone to me each evening i am very worried. Is there any way we can get out of the contract.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
not unless she finds a replacement tenant

she could inform the landlord if they are smoking in the house as it will definitely be a breach of contract, although it could potentially make the other flatmates nasty to her

it would be a good idea for her to start thinking about hwo to make the best of it, e.g. spend some time with flatmates, pizza night or something to try and get to know them a bit, also join some societies so she can get out fo the house more and make friends elsewhere
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (149)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.47%
No- I want it (69)
28.05%
No- I don't want it (17)