Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I was just wondering if anyone could help me out a little. I started sixth form today and am doing maths physics biology and chemistry a levels. I've just had a trial for a part time job in a restaurant, and the job is mine if I want it. It would be from 5-11:30pm every Friday and Saturday nights and for £4 an hour.
    I'm just really unsure if it's worth it or not, my sixth form requires us to be in Monday-Friday from 9-3 and am concerned about the amount of free time I would have. Also I am interested in pursuing medicine so would need to get some wok experience in that field as well as doing the silver bronze award.
    Any advice would be extremely appreciated, thanks in advance!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollysnape1)
    Hello,
    I was just wondering if anyone could help me out a little. I started sixth form today and am doing maths physics biology and chemistry a levels. I've just had a trial for a part time job in a restaurant, and the job is mine if I want it. It would be from 5-11:30pm every Friday and Saturday nights and for £4 an hour.
    I'm just really unsure if it's worth it or not, my sixth form requires us to be in Monday-Friday from 9-3 and am concerned about the amount of free time I would have. Also I am interested in pursuing medicine so would need to get some wok experience in that field as well as doing the silver bronze award.
    Any advice would be extremely appreciated, thanks in advance!!
    To be honest, it's all about stress management. I work at costa and have done for the last year (about to start year 13). Towards and after christmas i became a very sour and pessimistic person as i became very stressed because of the workload, and my grades dwindled.

After that, i managed to sort myself out a bit. I eventually manage to pick up my grades, but only achieving BBCC (don't underestimate the step-up from GCSE).

If you can handle stress well, do it. You can always quit if it gets too much though (i needed the money to get to school so couldn't). However, with subjects like the ones you are studying, you will have a pretty hefty workload anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so muchAfter seeing how much out of school work I'm expected to do for my subjects today I think I've decided that for now it's probably not a good idea. i wouldn't have much time to breathe with a job as well

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.