Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Doing business management. Will I be likely to get a good job if I got a 2:1 or a first?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Georgelizmera)
    Doing business management. Will I be likely to get a good job if I got a 2:1 or a first?
    It isn't reputable if that's what you mean. Employers are often institution name blind so a 2.1 or 1st should afford you similar opportunities to those that studied elsewhere.

"It's isn't reputable"

You don't need to study at a Russell Group uni in order to get a job.
    I live in Liverpool and have friends that go to Uni of Liverpool (which is the original Russell Group uni) and students there are completely thrown into the deep end and receive no help during their degree or any help afterwards.

It's different at LJMU as it used to be a polytechnic university and only really offers vocational courses as opposed to academic ones that have no guaranteed career prospects afterwards unless you want to go into research or postgraduate education (masters/PhD etc.)

Not that I'm saying that UniOfLiv students don't enjoy their uni life, they do, just don't think that you MUST go to a highly ranked university that is a part of the Russell Group in order to succeed. Most of your school/college teachers will not have attended Russell Group universities.
    So I think it is fine for you to apply to LJMU if you haven't already!
    Good luck!
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.