Is LJMU seen as a good university? Watch

Georgelizmera
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Doing business management. Will I be likely to get a good job if I got a 2:1 or a first?
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Georgelizmera)
Doing business management. Will I be likely to get a good job if I got a 2:1 or a first?
It isn't reputable if that's what you mean. Employers are often institution name blind so a 2.1 or 1st should afford you similar opportunities to those that studied elsewhere.
sean9876
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
"It's isn't reputable"

You don't need to study at a Russell Group uni in order to get a job.
I live in Liverpool and have friends that go to Uni of Liverpool (which is the original Russell Group uni) and students there are completely thrown into the deep end and receive no help during their degree or any help afterwards.

It's different at LJMU as it used to be a polytechnic university and only really offers vocational courses as opposed to academic ones that have no guaranteed career prospects afterwards unless you want to go into research or postgraduate education (masters/PhD etc.)

Not that I'm saying that UniOfLiv students don't enjoy their uni life, they do, just don't think that you MUST go to a highly ranked university that is a part of the Russell Group in order to succeed. Most of your school/college teachers will not have attended Russell Group universities.
So I think it is fine for you to apply to LJMU if you haven't already!
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Liverpool John Moores University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • Liverpool John Moores University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 7 Nov '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (145)
17.64%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9%
No I am happy with my course choice (485)
59%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (118)
14.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise