Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, in 2014 i start college and i got kicked out 3/4 into the year, whilst studying As levels and a single year btec, however i had to find a different college the year after in which i completed a one year btec it course, i applied for uni this year but got rejected because i don't have 'a2 equivalent' but i have enough ucas points. hated college this year, wanted to go to uni, what do i do? do i complete a 2 year btec course and waste 2 years? or another single btec? or apprenticeship? i really wanted to go uni!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    What do you want to study at uni? Look at some unis and their entry requirements. From there, decide what you need to study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    What do you want to study at uni? Look at some unis and their entry requirements. From there, decide what you need to study.
    I'm looking to study Law, and there's not really any other decent Universities close by. The entry requirements for all universities may be the same so what happened at Salford could happen elsewhere?

ReputationRep:
    Say "bye" to law. Your qualifications seem unsatisfactory and doing extra years will not help unless you are aspiring to get a 12k a year legal assistant job. There are plenty of A* students from good universities competing for legal jobs, so don't get your hopes up.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by aaadilm)
    I'm looking to study Law, and there's not really any other decent Universities close by. The entry requirements for all universities may be the same so what happened at Salford could happen elsewhere?
    Well you can find out by doing some research and enquiring at the unis whether they accpet ucas opoints or they need A2 equivalent. May be the same is not are the same. Do the research. get hold of a copy of Heap on University grades as that will show you the unis who will consider you based on ucas pint level although confirm about the A2 equivalent requirement if there is one.

You are too keen to go to uni.

If you wnat a legal career then you need to go to the best uni you can, that means getting the best A levels or BTECs you can. Putting effort into that now will save you a lot of struggle later on. Law is very competitive, so make smart decisions now.

You just sound impatient.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.