Turn on thread page Beta

please teach me about politics! - please don't move this mods! watch

ReputationRep:
    The Guardian's probably slightly to the left, but less so than the Times is to the right. The Economist is probably one of your best bets.

Satire's also a good way to go, if you read/watch past that it's fairly central. HIGNFY, Private Eye and a few of the BBC Radio shows'll do. And you get a laugh, so it can't be all bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    Yes, but they're bending it quite a lot. I mean C5 actually had an entire 15 minutes of 'Question Cameron', complete with blue colour scheme It was about as close to an actually Tory advert as they are allowed to have.
    Yes, that was definitely pushing the boundaries of neutrality. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TML)
    Here
    I'd say that's pretty close, but bear in mind that all of them have individual journalists who are slightly different - for example David Aaronovitch, once a member of the Communist Party has gone so right wing I think he'll come out the other side. He's actually given up all pretence of being left wing now and moved to The Times lol. He's also a moron:

"If nothing is eventually found, I - as a supporter of the war - will never believe another thing that I am told by our government, or that of the US ever again. And, more to the point, neither will anyone else. Those weapons had better be there somewhere. They probably are."

He still supports the government.

ReputationRep:
    Yer, it was just a general guideline.

ReputationRep:
    Bismarck's list + The Economist (and Der Spiegel, if you can read German).

ReputationRep:
    Buy some good textbooks and practice past exam papers.

Philip Allan Updates sell some good A Level Government and Politics textbooks (among other subjects) - http://www.philipallan.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Have a look of my thread of greatness in the academic section. Lemme find the link.

EDIT: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...44#post1957644

All your AS politics needs there. Feel free to express your appreciation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soc)
    Have a look of my thread of greatness in the academic section. Lemme find the link.

EDIT: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...44#post1957644

All your AS politics needs there. Feel free to express your appreciation.
    hey this is great but will it help though? because i'm taking aqa,,,

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there's plenty of overlap.

ReputationRep:
    ok, i think i'll get a suscription for the economist. any thoughts about the magazine?

ReputationRep:
    Best thing since sliced bread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopCat06)
    ok, i think i'll get a suscription for the economist. any thoughts about the magazine?
    Good idea, that will keep you abreast of the news.

ReputationRep:
    The only ones that come close to neutrality are the financial ones, but tbh that'd be a bit too heavy for a newbie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanGrover)
    The only ones that come close to neutrality are the financial ones, but tbh that'd be a bit too heavy for a newbie.
    It really doesn't matter for A level Government and Politics, he just needs to have some recent examples to put into his essays and support his points.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.