Helpmeplease382
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I need help I'm starting to doubt I choose the right alevels. For university I want to take law so for alevels I chose
Eng lit
Economics
Psychology
Is this ok??
username2817576
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You should look at the requirements on the universities website regarding law. English literature is a good choice if you want to take law at uni. Most people would recommend taking history and/or law tho.
Dark_Galaxy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree with Kayeen; look at university courses and check their requirements for law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2752874
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Helpmeplease382)
I need help I'm starting to doubt I choose the right alevels. For university I want to take law so for alevels I chose
Eng lit
Economics
Psychology
Is this ok??
It's sufficient. Though I do think you're better off taking history than psychology, if that's something you would enjoy?
JakeMuttitt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Eng lit
Economics
Psychology
Is this ok??
I do psychology and really enjoy it but the previous poster is correct. If you want to do law at university, history would be a better option than psychology.

(Do look at uni websites though and see what subjects they reference in their entry requirements for law, if any)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Helpmeplease382
Rep:
?
(Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
It's sufficient. Though I do think you're better off taking history than psychology, if that's something you would enjoy?
I really didn't like history
Helpmeplease382
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kayeen)
You should look at the requirements on the universities website regarding law. English literature is a good choice if you want to take law at uni. Most people would recommend taking history and/or law tho.
Most uni's just have the grade requirements not the preferred alevels but idk
username2817576
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Try scrolling down for the requirements
Most uni's just have the grade requirements not the preferred alevels but idk
bethipayne
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For law, the vast majority of universities (exceptions are the ones with highly competitive courses - Oxbridge & Co.) don't care about the subjects (so long as you're doing subjects that aren't considered "soft" (which none of yours are)) - they care about the grades. You can take all three sciences and successfully apply to do law, or maths, english, and economics, or english, history, and drama - so long as you get those A grades (or B on occasion), you're all good. Do whatever subjects you want, and enjoy them!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads