Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lady Gaga is releasing a new single Watch

ReputationRep:
    Finally after so many years, she's releasing a new song this friday. Who's excited?

ReputationRep:
    Me

ReputationRep:
    why do people like lady gaga exist, they are a disgrace to the human race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    Why do you think that? I'm curious

ReputationRep:
    Oh No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Why do you think that? I'm curious
    I find them very very annoying, I don't even know why.

ReputationRep:
    I mean you're probably just some nerdy student who aspires to go to LSE or investment banking no offence, while she has a career she enjoys and is immensely talented.

ReputationRep:
    I find them very very annoying, I don't even know why.
    I like her now. She's spoken up about a lot of issues lately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grassntai)
    I mean you're probably just some nerdy student who aspires to go to LSE or investment banking no offence, while she has a career she enjoys and is immensely talented.

all she has is a voice box that can change very fast between different tones and can think of words that could possibly rhyme or something. anyone can have a career.

ReputationRep:
    all she has is a voice box that can change very fast between different tones and can think of words that could possibly rhyme or something. anyone can have a career.
    But not everyone can sing She's immensely talented, unlike a lot of popstars.

I can't wait! I love her music

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that's why she gained early acceptance into the prestigious NYU Tisch school of music at 17 years old. If every average Joe could sound sing like her in the video I posted, everyone would be global musicians.

I'm sorry she's not your typical conservative Adele type who wants everyone to love them and not offend. Back you go to your books, no LSE and banking for you if you don't get at least AAB!

ReputationRep:
    no LSE and banking for you if you don't get at least AAB!
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    BUMP.

ReputationRep:
    My queen

ReputationRep:
    So she covers Madonna again. This time "Papa Don't Preach". Next time should be something from the Like a Virgin album.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that's why she gained early acceptance into the prestigious NYU Tisch school of music at 17 years old. If every average Joe could sound sing like her in the video I posted, everyone would be global musicians.

I'm sorry she's not your typical conservative Adele type who wants everyone to love them and not offend. Back you go to your books, no LSE and banking for you if you don't get at least AAB!
    She can sing but her vocal talent isn't exactly special. She's not even near the likes of Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, and Mariah Carey. Probably a bit lower than Christina Aguilera at her peak. Let alone comparing her psedo-classical performance to classical performers.

Regardless, people buy a song, not a voice. Very few pop stars' voices brought them to superstardom, and if a voice does have anything to do with it, it's usually because it's unique like Rihanna's or Britney Spears's, not because of their technical perfection.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.