The Student Room Group

My Predicted Grades are lower than AS results

I got AAAB in as (math further math physics chemistry),I got A in further math ,but
Further math teacher gives me a B prediction
ok
That's unfair. From what I recall people tended to be given one predicted grade higher than their AS results, because people tend to generally improve the second year.
To give you a grade lower is harsh, speak to your teacher or head of year.
Reply 3
That's really unfair, speak to your teacher about it or talk to your headteacher if your teacher is refusing to predict you any higher.
A similar thing happened to me. I had an A overall in my Psychology AS (with a mix of A's and B's in the exams) and my Psychology teacher wanted to predict me a B because she thought that's was more realistically what I would get (I wasn't upset, I thought I would get a B as well and just got lucky with the AS exams!). She asked what my highest university offer would be and when I said AAA she changed it to an A for me. I ended up getting a B overall (by two marks, but I'm not mad about that... :colondollar:) so she was right in the end!

Your teacher might have done something similar (or it was just an error)? Like other people have said I would go and talk to your teacher and ask why they gave you a lower prediction than your AS result. If you need a higher prediction for your university choices I'm sure they will be happy to change it given it's what you got in your AS. Even if they don't the universities can see you actually achieved an A so they may just assume you have a mean teacher and ignore their prediction!

Quick Reply

Latest