Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a self taught student taking A2 (New spec) and I can't decide which topics to study in this year... i'm not sure which to do out of:
    One from: Relationships, Gender, or Cognition and development
    One from: Schizophrenia, Eating behaviour, or Stress
    One from: Aggression, Forensic psychology or Addiction

Schizophrenia has been recommended to me as the easiest topicon the A Level, anyone got any advice on what's going to be the easiest?
    I only ask because I am self taught and so the one with the least content is probably going to be best for me
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by AJP98)
    I'm a self taught student taking A2 (New spec) and I can't decide which topics to study in this year... i'm not sure which to do out of:

Schizophrenia has been recommended to me as the easiest topicon the A Level, anyone got any advice on what's going to be the easiest?
    I only ask because I am self taught and so the one with the least content is probably going to be best for me
    Hey there, I'm just going to move this to the psychology section for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm kind of self-studying - I'm doing it with Cloud Learn.

Sorry I can't answer your question - I'm really confused to be honest and your post prompted me to clarify:

With the options, do I have to choose ONE from each of the three choices to study?

So for example, I could study Relationships, Eating and Addiction?

Is this right?

Then am I guaranteed to be asked questions in the exam about every single one of those three?

Many thanks for reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemmy22)
    Hi, I'm kind of self-studying - I'm doing it with Cloud Learn.

Sorry I can't answer your question - I'm really confused to be honest and your post prompted me to clarify:

With the options, do I have to choose ONE from each of the three choices to study?

So for example, I could study Relationships, Eating and Addiction?

Is this right?

Then am I guaranteed to be asked questions in the exam about every single one of those three?

Many thanks for reading.
    Yep, we have to pick one from each and we will be questioned on all 3 x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for clarifying this. I am way older than most people doing A levels
    and have no one to advise me so virtually all my information coming from the internet etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemmy22)
    Thanks so much for clarifying this. I am way older than most people doing A levels
    and have no one to advise me so virtually all my information coming from the internet etc.

Are you not using loopa.com?? He's incredible, it's my only resource!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    Are you not using loopa.com?? He's incredible, it's my only resource!!
    Loopa.com re-directs you to one of those fraudulent "I want you to become rich" kinda websites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vividly clear)
    Loopa.com re-directs you to one of those fraudulent "I want you to become rich" kinda websites
    My apologies! It's .co.uk, honestly guys, I bought the two books he has for AS Level, and I cannot speak highly enough! He also replies almost instantly on facebook with revision questions etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)

I'm currently doing A2 as are you and considering this is the first year of the new spec (for A2) we're all going into the exams pretty blind. However I have an amazing Psychology teacher (she marks for AQA too) and she mentioned a few things: Relationships and gender are both two great topics to choose from, so either or is ideal.

Now whilst there is a ton of past study material for schizophrenia (and let's face it, stress is kind of difficult) we're all doing stress this year as a) our college is pretty good at the biological aspect so won't have too much of an issue, and b) schizophrenia is difficult in it's own right and may be a little too much for some - also, many may find it boring to study. My teacher is also more knowledgeable in stress, which means we get awesome revision guides and better information.

We're also doing addiction as our final one. There's no particular reason other than it's the most interesting.

I'd advise you to take a look at what the new spec (if that's what you're sitting) wants from each of these areas. See which ones have the most study material/your own interest in it/and what (if you know anyone) others are studying as it may help you to study these topics with others. Moreso I wouldn't chose based on what's the 'easiest'. Base your choices on how well you can deeply understand it and how interested you are in the given topic, considering you'll need to be putting a hefty amount of dedication into this exam.

Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Choose the shortest topics. Schizophrenia, Gender, Aggression. They're quite systematically laid out too.

Trust me, I'm a teacher.
    You can also follow my blog (iteachpsych.tumblr.com)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.