Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girl I liked starting to message me again after rejecting me Watch

Just over a month ago I asked this girl out who I was crazy about and she just straight up rejected me saying I was too young for her and she kind of led me on giving me the impression that she'd want to go out. I'd known her for about 10 months prior to asking her out so we did get to know each other really well. Anyway after she rejected me I stopped messaging her because of how down I was and how stupid I felt after being led on. In the past few days she has started to message me again, to which I've just given short answers and shes started liking and commenting on my stuff on Facebook and Instagram (something which she never did previously) I feel like she's doing this just to get my attention again.

I do still like her a bit but what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Girls do this. If she changes her mind, she'll let you know directly. Anything else is either game's playing, trying to grab your attention or she just misses you companionship.

ReputationRep:
    She misses the validation she got from you pining after her for so long and wants it back.

ReputationRep:
    Remember this rule: give a girl attention and you'll repel here. Remove that attention and she'll become attracted to you again

ReputationRep:
    Don't waver. It's done. Your a second choice so don't give her the satisfaction of letting her know you are at her beck and call

(Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Remember this rule: give a girl attention and you'll repel here. Remove that attention and she'll become attracted to you again
    At this moment in time I don't want to give her any attention, not because I want her to become attracted to me again but because I just dont want to speak to her.

ReputationRep:
    The motives behind her behavior seem to be self serving

(Original post by candymonster)
    The motives behind her behavior seem to be self serving
    Care to expand on that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just over a month ago I asked this girl out who I was crazy about and she just straight up rejected me saying I was too young for her and she kind of led me on giving me the impression that she'd want to go out. I'd known her for about 10 months prior to asking her out so we did get to know each other really well. Anyway after she rejected me I stopped messaging her because of how down I was and how stupid I felt after being led on. In the past few days she has started to message me again, to which I've just given short answers and shes started liking and commenting on my stuff on Facebook and Instagram (something which she never did previously) I feel like she's doing this just to get my attention again.

I do still like her a bit but what should I do?
    just give up she's seeking validation and using you to get it
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Reason: You stopped giving her attention

Many girls like receiving attention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Anything else is either game's playing, trying to grab your attention or she just misses you companionship.
    This.

OP will end up being an emotional tampon for this chick whilst she might be with another dude right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    I taught you all this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    known her for about 10 months prior to asking her out .. being led on
    You have agency. You would do well to shoulder some responsibility here, and learn from it. Together guys do not hanker after a girl for 10 months, get friendzoned (probably from the outset), and then blame the girl for 'leading them on'

I feel like she's doing this just to get my attention again
    So call her out on it. Tell her you appreciate the gesture but that unless her attitude has changed you'd rather she didn't as you still like her and would prefer to keep things simple. This is pretty much all you need to say, then give her space to come back at you. Don't give her the slightest leeway for a debate/argument. Stick to your guns. This is what grown men do, and if anything is likely to then this sort of behaviour will incline her to see you more as the type of (mature, together, assertive) bloke she likes

Good luck, Jim! :crossedf:

(Original post by UWS)
    Reason: You stopped giving her attention

Many girls like receiving attention
    I've figured that much out now. I just don't like the idea that shes using me just because shes not getting any attention.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.