Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

iPhone 7 announced today watch

• View Poll Results: How excited are you for the iPhone 7?
    Will pre-order immediately
    7.81%
    Will pick one up once launched
    6.25%
    Might get one, might not
    29.69%
    iWhat?
    56.25%

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    The iPhone 7 announcement is happening in just a few hours...how are you feeling about Apple's latest? What features do you want to see?

There's a nice round-up of rumoured specs on Techradar

ReputationRep:
    What the heck are those options? How about including a simple ’not interested’ instead of trying to be funny?

ReputationRep:
    dont careeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    Really excited and will be watching the live stream on the Apple website. No more headphone jack should cause twitter to go mad hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meridian0)
    All I want to know is with the new iPhone release will Samsung Galaxy S7 prices start dropping soon? If not, when?
    Probably not mate .. How much is the Galaxy s7 by the way ?

ReputationRep:
    As much as I like iPhones, I don't feel the need to spend £600+ on one every year. *My 6S still works perfectly so I'm not interested in a replacement yet.

ReputationRep:
    £500something.

I'm looking for a contract deal and they haven't changed at all in the past month I don't know how it all works though
    Ah don't like contracts myself as I feel like I'd end up paying for stuff I don't need ; like who the heck makes 3000 calls within a month lmao
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    It'll be good to hear if Apple actually ditch the 3.5mm jack or not...

If they do, they've had it. As people will not buy adaptors, will not buy new equipment and Bluetooth streaming can sometimes be unreliable, as well as battery intensive. (Not that you'd need new equipment if you don't have anything other than 3.5mm, which is my case.)

If there is no 3.5mm jack, then demand for the iPhone 6S will shoot up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    It'll be good to hear if Apple actually ditch the 3.5mm jack or not...

If they do, they've had it. As people will not buy adaptors, will not buy new equipment and Bluetooth streaming can sometimes be unreliable, as well as battery intensive. (Not that you'd need new equipment if you don't have anything other than 3.5mm, which is my case.)

If there is no 3.5mm jack, then demand for the iPhone 6S will shoot up.
    Apple will include wireless EarPods and an adapter in the box....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shooks)
    The iPhone 7 announcement is happening in just a few hours...how are you feeling about Apple's latest? What features do you want to see?

There's a nice round-up of rumoured specs on Techradar

cant wait to see it but cant afford it!!!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Apple will include wireless EarPods and an adapter in the box....
    And then you have the issue of using your 3.5mm headphones (complete with adapter) whilst charging the device...
    Unless of course, the adapter is one that will allow you to charge your device at the same time as use your 3.5mm device?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    And then you have the issue of using your 3.5mm headphones (complete with adapter) whilst charging the device...
    Unless of course, the adapter is one that will allow you to charge your device at the same time as use your 3.5mm device?
    Maybe but chances are if apple are proving wireless headphones people will use them !
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Maybe but chances are if apple are proving wireless headphones people will use them !
    But Bluetooth headphones have to be charged up, so if they run out of juice then you've had it - plus, audio over bluetooth uses more battery versus audio over 3.5mm (as Bluetooth doesn't need to be left on with using 3.5mm earphones).

Plus if the supplied AirPods break (if that's what they will be) then you've got to buy a completely new pair of headphones, rather than use your old, but perfectly functional, pair of 3.5mm headphones...

ReputationRep:
    anyone watching the live product launch
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I read the iphone one and viewed the ps4.
    my views are: ps4 pro I am aiming to get in the future.

iphone 7 plus is appealing to a degree but the screen needs to be higher resolution, the ios device battery life seriously needs an overhall (if an almost 3 year old lumia handset can still get 2 days batterylife without battery saver despite the handset being dropped more or less on a daily basis), durability definitely needs to be better than the 6s (mum's on her 3rd iphone in the last 7 months).

that being said, the camera looks like it can finally topple the 1020 lumia / 808 pureview's 41 megapixel sensors and if the above points minus screen resolution are met, I may get a 7 plus (overall im waiting next year summer before getting a new phone as I have heard interesting things coming from google and microsoft)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    All I want to know is with the new iPhone release will Samsung Galaxy S7 prices start dropping soon? If not, when?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    When the Samsung Galaxy S8 comes out.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Boreism)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    When the Samsung Galaxy S8 comes out.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    if samsung stays tru to form, expect them to be half price around christmas time before the price increases again till the s8 comes out. speaking of the s8, a rather interesting patent popped up from samsung http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/samsung-pat...eously-1580129

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.