Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Music Technology and related. Universities.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

As I was looking through a variety of undergraduate programs of Music Technology, Sound Engineering/Design, I came to the conclusion that I might not be sure what program would actually fulfil my expectations. Of course, one of my priorities is to have good prospects of getting a job related with my field after graduation; therefore I thought that a program related with programming/engineering might be a good choice. Yet do not want to abandon music as an art, therefore I considered that composition modules, for instance, are also of utter importance. Well, I do imagine myself as a game music composer or sound designer/vst programmer if I can call it like that. Therefore I was wondering if anyone had/has the same considerations and might share what universities they applied/will be applying.

And what you think is better in this field – having a foundation year or a placement year related with undergraduate course, especially when one was not learning in UK.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know as to whether you've looked at the music technology programs at either edinburgh or glasgow (if you aren't opposed to a 4 year degree) but they both have modules in engineering and composition (edinburgh has more on the composition side i'd say, while glasgow has more in engineering - there's actually an option there to get a masters in electrical engineering with focus in music in 5 years which could be worth searching into)

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.