Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Trying to get over a girl but can't stop reply! Watch

I told her that I was into her and she said she was interested in someone else. I've tried to stop talking to her but when she messages me I feel rude if I don't reply. I enjoy talking to her so sometimes I forget that I need to try and move on. We don't really talk as much as we did and when we talk now it's just a short conversation asking how each other is. She's not the kind of person to pretend that she doesn't like me but actually does, she is just being a good friend and talking to me... Also she is not into me as when I reply to her snapchat she wont read it if she wants to go to sleep, she will wait until the morning. Like last night I sent her a snap at 11:50 and she did not open it until around 3:00am, so she feel asleep woke up and opened it, then she replied at like 8:00 saying "Sorry I feel asleep".. I know she opened it at 3:00 as I check when I woke up before she replied.

What should I do just keep talking to her, tell her how I feel about her still or just try to stop talking to her altogether?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Block her number. Out of sight, out of mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    when she messages me I feel rude if I don't reply
    So be polite but give her the bare minimum of investment. Sooner or later she'll take the hint. Problem solved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I told her that I was into her and she said she was interested in someone else. I've tried to stop talking to her but when she messages me I feel rude if I don't reply. I enjoy talking to her so sometimes I forget that I need to try and move on. We don't really talk as much as we did and when we talk now it's just a short conversation asking how each other is. She's not the kind of person to pretend that she doesn't like me but actually does, she is just being a good friend and talking to me... Also she is not into me as when I reply to her snapchat she wont read it if she wants to go to sleep, she will wait until the morning. Like last night I sent her a snap at 11:50 and she did not open it until around 3:00am, so she feel asleep woke up and opened it, then she replied at like 8:00 saying "Sorry I feel asleep".. I know she opened it at 3:00 as I check when I woke up before she replied.

What should I do just keep talking to her, tell her how I feel about her still or just try to stop talking to her altogether?
    If you want to maintain a friendship with this girl, I'd suggest telling her that you still have feelings for her and, in order for you to get over this feelings in a way you're comfortable with, you need to stop chatting so much. Let her know what boundaries you need to put in place in order to make this happen.

She might tell you that she doesn't want to carry on a friendship with those boundaries - in which case you respect her decision, and amicably end your friendship - or she respects your decision and eventually you get over her. Once that happens, you might be able to get back into frequent contact with her and act like friends again.

If you're not interested in a friendship with her, cutting ties is probably the right thing to do. It's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    Okay this is a very complicated issue that needs to be handled very gently, so I don't think you should do anything rash. What you have to do, you have to do this very carefully now, is very simple.
    The first step - Get a new girlfriend
    The second step - Bang her
    The third step: Evaluate life, are you happy? if yes go to the second step, if no then go back to the first step.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.