Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

University of Essex Entry Requirements - BSc Computer Science

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I was considering applying for the BSc Computer Science course however I currently study BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering and an A-Level in Computer Science... I am really unsure about the entry requirements and if they would take me... I am aiming for the highest marks in engineering but my computer science may end up a C/D... I was thinking of going to an open day to see if they would give me some more information..

Has anyone had a similar experience, and does the university just take UCAS points? :P Helpppp

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

The entry requirements online for Computer Science are:
    A-levels: ABB-BBB
    OR
    BTEC Extended Diploma: DDM

Also GCSE: Mathematics C

The University of Essex will look at all applications on an individual basis so I would definitely apply even if you aren't sure if you would get those grades.
    I know that the University of Essex doesn't usually accept UCAS points, and looking at the entry requirements for BSc Computer Science it doesn't accept UCAS points for that course.

I would really recommend going to an open day as that way you can speak to someone from the Computer Science department. I am sure they would help to calm your nerves about the entry requirements.

I hope that helps! Feel free to ask anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swagalicious0070)
    I was considering applying for the BSc Computer Science course however I currently study BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering and an A-Level in Computer Science... I am really unsure about the entry requirements and if they would take me... I am aiming for the highest marks in engineering but my computer science may end up a C/D... I was thinking of going to an open day to see if they would give me some more information..

Has anyone had a similar experience, and does the university just take UCAS points? :P Helpppp
    There's a foundation year , I'm thinking about doing the foudation year as I'm not doing any subjects remotely related to engineering.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.