Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Essex Entry Requirements - BSc Computer Science Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I was considering applying for the BSc Computer Science course however I currently study BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering and an A-Level in Computer Science... I am really unsure about the entry requirements and if they would take me... I am aiming for the highest marks in engineering but my computer science may end up a C/D... I was thinking of going to an open day to see if they would give me some more information..

Has anyone had a similar experience, and does the university just take UCAS points? :P Helpppp

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

The entry requirements online for Computer Science are:
    A-levels: ABB-BBB
    OR
    BTEC Extended Diploma: DDM

Also GCSE: Mathematics C

The University of Essex will look at all applications on an individual basis so I would definitely apply even if you aren't sure if you would get those grades.
    I know that the University of Essex doesn't usually accept UCAS points, and looking at the entry requirements for BSc Computer Science it doesn't accept UCAS points for that course.

I would really recommend going to an open day as that way you can speak to someone from the Computer Science department. I am sure they would help to calm your nerves about the entry requirements.

I hope that helps! Feel free to ask anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swagalicious0070)
    I was considering applying for the BSc Computer Science course however I currently study BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering and an A-Level in Computer Science... I am really unsure about the entry requirements and if they would take me... I am aiming for the highest marks in engineering but my computer science may end up a C/D... I was thinking of going to an open day to see if they would give me some more information..

Has anyone had a similar experience, and does the university just take UCAS points? :P Helpppp
    There's a foundation year , I'm thinking about doing the foudation year as I'm not doing any subjects remotely related to engineering.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.