L'absurde
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Construction will begin shorty on the 'Great Wall of Calais'. It will cost the taxpayer £2million in an attempt to prevent migrants from crossing the Channel.
Do you think this is a waste of taxpayer pesos?
What is your opinion on the matter?
TercioOfParma
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would rather we paid France 2 million to demolish the Jungle and move everybody to the other end of their country.
Whopper88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
they should double the height and make it electrified
Whopper88
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
and make france pay
L'absurde
Rep:
?
(Original post by Whopper88)
they should double the height and make it electrified
How about they have snipers at the top.
Whopper88
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by L'absurde)
How about they have snipers at the top.
And a mini gun too
user73867
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A̶n̶d̶ ̶F̶r̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶!̶
username2313507
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The wall just got 10 feet higher!
alevelstresss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Great wall? more like a wall to protect lorries..
L'absurde
Rep:
?
:bump:
The_Opinion
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Whopper88)
and make france pay
Mexico will pay for it! By the time we build it, Mexico will have become experts at finding good deals for materials.
KingBradly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
£2m really isn't much. Not really a big deal, just a big wall to stop migrants from climbing onto trucks.
Laomedeia
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
If immigrants really are as big a problem as they say, why dont the police just shoot them? Its all political BS.
lawyer3c
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Laomedeia)
If immigrants really are as big a problem as they say, why dont the police just shoot them? Its all political BS.
a little thing called 'human rights' us in the West profess to believe in to support our cultural superiority over 'savages'...
slaven
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where will they build a wall? Over the sea? They should just block the under wather tunnel and the problem is solved.
KingBradly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Laomedeia)
Slaughtering thousands of innocent people is generally considered a pretty horrific solution.
EdwardBarfield9
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You know, I'm all for escaping warzones for a better life and if what has happened in Germany and France didn't, my opinion would be of the "It's a stupid idea" kind. However, because of the sheer amounts of attack and rape that has happened, combined with the fact that we can't seem to say anything against them but they can do whatever they want (even someone being able to drape themselves in a Isis flag in Westminister but a **** isis flag being told is wrong) changes my opinion. I am know on the side that supports it. Yes, many of the refugees are genuine and the extremists are a minority however we can't risk it. There religion and ideologies does not work with ours. They shouldn't have to come to the UK.

TLDR. Build it, I support it, **** extremists.
The_Opinion
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingBradly)
Slaughtering thousands of innocent people is generally considered a pretty horrific solution.
They are criminals, so not exactly innocent.

Although I would personally just deport them all.
The_Opinion
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EdwardBarfield9)
You know, I'm all for escaping warzones for a better life and if what has happened in Germany and France didn't, my opinion would be of the "It's a stupid idea" kind. However, because of the sheer amounts of attack and rape that has happened, combined with the fact that we can't seem to say anything against them but they can do whatever they want (even someone being able to drape themselves in a Isis flag in Westminister but a **** isis flag being told is wrong) changes my opinion. I am know on the side that supports it. Yes, many of the refugees are genuine and the extremists are a minority however we can't risk it. There religion and ideologies does not work with ours. They shouldn't have to come to the UK.

TLDR. Build it, I support it, **** extremists.
You sound a little conflated.
Studentus-anonymous
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TercioOfParma)
I would rather we paid France 2 million to demolish the Jungle and move everybody to the other end of their country.
They'd just come back.

The only thing more amazing than their obsession with getting into the UK is the people who think their sheer bloodymindedness should be rewarded with an open door.

Although I'd love to see how they'd defeat the wall, as they'll inevitably try to.

There's a lot of European coastline for them to try illegal crossings.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.54%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.44%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (544)
48.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed