Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I am going to start first year Pharmacy this September, so I was wondering is there any revision that I should do as revising A-level chemistry ?
    Any tips ? And any experiences from current pharmacy students ?

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    Hey guys, I am going to start first year Pharmacy this September, so I was wondering is there any revision that I should do as revising A-level chemistry ?

Thanks x
    Hi! I'm going into my fourth year at Cardiff. Organic chemistry (functional groups, conversions) came up a lot so it might be worth refreshing your understanding of that! Don't worry too much about revising A-Level at the moment, but I strongly recommend taking your A-Level notes with you if you're staying in halls!

ReputationRep:

Thanks x
    Going into my 4th year here too. Don't bother - it's a waste of time as you'll be taught it all in your first term anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren94xo)
    Hi! I'm going into my fourth year at Cardiff. Organic chemistry (functional groups, conversions) came up a lot so it might be worth refreshing your understanding of that! Don't worry too much about revising A-Level at the moment, but I strongly recommend taking your A-Level notes with you if you're staying in halls!
    Nice! How the three years have been ?

Maybe gonna have revise it because I've almost forgot everything I took in this holiday lol and thank you, I was unsure about taking them so definitely taking them now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Going into my 4th year here too. Don't bother - it's a waste of time as you'll be taught it all in your first term anyway.
    Great! Which university and how the three years been so far ?

That's a relief, thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Great! Which university and how the three years been so far ?

That's a relief, thank you!!
    Brighton and it's been awesome - very clinical right from the get go, which has come super useful for today's hospital pre-registration training application assessment

ReputationRep:
    Brighton and it's been awesome - very clinical right from the get go, which has come super useful for today's hospital pre-registration training application assessment
    Ahh Brighton is really good! That's great, looking forward to start then haha!

Clinical is the best part about pharmacy so hearing it covers that right from the start is very pleasant, and lol nice, good luck with this hospital pre-registration assessment

ReputationRep:
    Ahh Brighton is really good! That's great, looking forward to start then haha!

Clinical is the best part about pharmacy so hearing it covers that right from the start is very pleasant, and lol nice, good luck with this hospital pre-registration assessment
    Thanks, and best of luck to you too. Are you coming to Brighton?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, and best of luck to you too. Are you coming to Brighton?
    Thanks and nah, going to Sunderland!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and nah, going to Sunderland!
    Ah cool, what's your course like?

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool, what's your course like?
    I've read what I'll be studying during first year, and it involves functional group chemistry, structure and function of biological macromolecules, reaction kinetics, concepts around formulation and development of medicines and some aspects of microbiology.

I am mostly excited about this " All material will be delivered in the context of simple clinical problems and the solution to those problems demonstrated in lectures, laboratory sessions and small group teaching. Modules will cover anatomy, physiology and normal cell signalling including the concept of receptor theory but using endogenous ligands and signals as the examples'

So yeah there's some clinical part as well. First year seems exciting so really looking forward to start haha

ReputationRep:
    I've read what I'll be studying during first year, and it involves functional group chemistry, structure and function of biological macromolecules, reaction kinetics, concepts around formulation and development of medicines and some aspects of microbiology.

I am mostly excited about this " All material will be delivered in the context of simple clinical problems and the solution to those problems demonstrated in lectures, laboratory sessions and small group teaching. Modules will cover anatomy, physiology and normal cell signalling including the concept of receptor theory but using endogenous ligands and signals as the examples'

So yeah there's some clinical part as well. First year seems exciting so really looking forward to start haha
    Sounds very promising, best of luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.